New Remington 700's

Another vote for older Remingtons...but the new ones absolutly "could" compete with some of the best quality custom actions available on the market..this is not yesterday's manufacturing. Every manufacturer has at his disposal, the world's best CNC machines, programers, computer controlled everything, design, manufacturing, inspection, clean rooms, logistics, and the manufacturing processes have greatly changed, what was impossible is now possible...Absolutely no excuse for poor quality. But yet it exists, it's everywhere, it's the management, the employees, stockholders, not concerned with quality but sales, and bonuses.
Back when America was filled with Americans, and hiring was on merit the best manufacturing teams in the world were created.
"Excellence in Manufacturing" was on the front of the building, and on every letterhead...quality was strictly enforced at every machining center and job one, no screw-ups accepted ot tolerated. Can today's big companies do that continually...most do not...profit, and large CEO salaries always intervene. The Consumer gets manufactured crap, instead of goods.

Oh Lord!! I`ve sworn I`m through buying guns!! My current range rifle is a Savage 12 LRPV in .223 that`s dead on accurate for my gun clubs 550 yard range. Now the club is talking about a 1K range! Being a long standing Remington shooter of many years, what am I to do if the " new " Remington 700s turn out a quality long range variant??

I have an ADL in 6.5 CM I bought last fall. Serial # RAR021xxx. It's been a solid shooter. I have about 150 rounds through it and it's been a solid 1 1/4" or better shooter. Those were with all hand loads and most doing work ups with different powders.

I did put a TT trigger I had laying around in it. I think I'm going to put it in a new stock soon. Just haven't got around to it. I always have a new gun every couple months and forget about the others for a while. I'll get back to it.
After reading through this thread I went looked at the feed ramp. It's cut more rounded than my 2018 .223 or my .2007 .270 win. Not sure if really allows it to be loaded longer though.
Definitely worth the $500 I paid. I've bought worse for less. The worst thing about the ADL is the stock. Everything else is fine.

I purchased an SPS 30-06 this past summer. The trigger was atrocious so I replaced it with a TT unit and it's much, much better. The stock feels solid until you take the action out of it, then it feels like a swimming noodle. In deference to those,it's a shooter. Solid half inch rifle with the right handloads. The coarse blasted finish on the metal work is nice but it seems to rust pretty bad regardless of what is applied to it. Especially the barrel exterior. The bore feels smooth and consistent pushing patches through. Doesn't seem to have quite as much freebore as some other the earlier ones.
With these minor complaints, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I were in the market for a rifle. There are less expensive rifles and there are more expensive and higher refined rifles available but the new 700 SPS works for me.

Just one guy`s opinion, even if it`s not the original Big Green, it would be good to see " Remington " back in the fields and at the ranges . Just doesn`t seem right to have an American gun scene without a Remington. The new 870 Fieldmasters and the rifles that are apparently coming out are cause for optimism I think.

I ended up getting this new Remington 700 a couple of weeks ago,waiting on Nightforce rail to come in

I just ordered a 700 Long Range in 300 Winchester magnum. I was torn between it and the Savage 110 Tactical desert. I even considered a Tikka Super Varmint at a considerably higher price.
I have always shot Remingtons so it's nice to hear some good news about them for a change. It will be a couple weeks before I can get the scope mounted and get out to the range; Looking forward to it.

I just ordered a 700 Long Range in 300 Winchester magnum. I was torn between it and the Savage 110 Tactical desert. I even considered a Tikka Super Varmint at a considerably higher price.
I have always shot Remingtons so it's nice to hear some good news about them for a change. It will be a couple weeks before I can get the scope mounted and get out to the range; Looking forward to it.
Please give a report when you get to shoot it.
I still have not shot the new Remington 300 win mag I bought.Had to wait for a rail and scope for it.Soon I hope.

I guess I never posted my new Remarms 700 ADL 7mm RM I got. I put it in a used KRG Bravo I got for a good price and loaded the last 1/2 lb of my RL22 to fire form brass. With only 30 rounds down the tube it shot around 0.6 moa to this group.
1703265752785.jpeg
1703265796568.jpeg

I guess I never posted my new Remarms 700 ADL 7mm RM I got. I put it in a used KRG Bravo I got for a good price and loaded the last 1/2 lb of my RL22 to fire form brass. With only 30 rounds down the tube it shot around 0.6 moa to this group.
View attachment 524174View attachment 524175
I would really like to find a factory wood stock for mine. It's just used for hunting and shooting small groups.

Recent Posts