New Reloader with Question on Resizing

I'm new to this forum and new to reloading which is part of why I joined. I have gathered everything I need to reload for each chambering and cartridge that I currently have. I've had people tell me that I need to resize my brass and I've had people tell me it's not necessary. What is the consensus, or is there one and am I just opening a canna worms? I don't know what I should do. Thanks
Consider getting a shoulder bump gauge to check the shoulder bump when you full length size your bottle neck shaped rifle cases. Too much bump (push back) of the shoulder can cause case head separation and/or stress on the cases. Look on Brownell's and Redding's websites for some good information about adjusting your full length dies for shoulder bump. They also have shims to adjust the shoulder bump.

I definitely don't mind saying, especially since I don't know what I don't know! 😊

I got a rockchucker and all my stuff is RCBS
Just want you to know that you are getting good information from a bunch of good guys who are here willing to help and to share their knowledge and their various experiences. Keep asking questions that is the only way you are going to learn. I can guarantee you that there will be mistakes made along the way, no one on this forum can honestly say that they have never made mistakes reloading. The trick is to learn from them and move on. Also what I always encourage people who are just starting out is to find a mentor to help them get started. At least for me "hands on" works best. Also get at least three or four good reloading manuals and "read", just don't look at the pictures;) Also keep searching this forum for some of your questions, I haven't done a search but I am sure there are similar threads such as yours. I have been reloading for a very long time and believe that I am very lucky to have stumbled upon this forum. I started reloading for a wildcat cartridge a few years ago and without the help of this forum I know that I would still be fumbling around trying to figure out how to make good reloads for the cartridge. You have some good equipment and are using some good dies. Equipment arguments run along the lines of, "My Chevy is better than your Ford!!" I started out with a press called a "Pacific", sixty-one years ago. Currently I use an RCBS Rockchucker Supreme press, and prior to that it was an RCBS Rockchucker. I bought the Supreme press because I wanted one, there was nothing with the one that I replaced. Keep bringing your questions back to the forum you are in a good place. One last thing that I like to mention to someone who is new and just starting on the forum, "Watch out for the cranky ole guys, they're opinionated and they are always right!!!"👍👍

Just want you to know that you are getting good information from a bunch of good guys who are here willing to help and to share their knowledge and their various experiences. Keep asking questions that is the only way you are going to learn. I can guarantee you that there will be mistakes made along the way, no one on this forum can honestly say that they have never made mistakes reloading. The trick is to learn from them and move on. Also what I always encourage people who are just starting out is to find a mentor to help them get started. At least for me "hands on" works best. Also get at least three or four good reloading manuals and "read", just don't look at the pictures;) Also keep searching this forum for some of your questions, I haven't done a search but I am sure there are similar threads such as yours. I have been reloading for a very long time and believe that I am very lucky to have stumbled upon this forum. I started reloading for a wildcat cartridge a few years ago and without the help of this forum I know that I would still be fumbling around trying to figure out how to make good reloads for the cartridge. You have some good equipment and are using some good dies. Equipment arguments run along the lines of, "My Chevy is better than your Ford!!" I started out with a press called a "Pacific", sixty-one years ago. Currently I use an RCBS Rockchucker Supreme press, and prior to that it was an RCBS Rockchucker. I bought the Supreme press because I wanted one, there was nothing with the one that I replaced. Keep bringing your questions back to the forum you are in a good place. One last thing that I like to mention to someone who is new and just starting on the forum, "Watch out for the cranky ole guys, they're opinionated and they are always right!!!"👍👍
This is gold.

Sure it was a typo, but just to make sure the OP is on track did you mean .002"?
I think all of you guys worrying about whether it's .002" or .02" are overthinking the technical aspect of this thread. The OP (Dmagna) didn't say anything about inches and my take on his use of "my .02 on this ..." meant his opinion, i.e. "2 cents worth", on the subject. Or am I as crazy as I look?

I think all of you guys worrying about whether it's .002" or .02" are overthinking the technical aspect of this thread. The OP (Dmagna) didn't say anything about inches and my take on his use of "my .02 on this ..." meant his opinion, i.e. "2 cents worth", on the subject. Or am I as crazy as I look?
Probably??;):) The reason that I addressed the .020 thousandths was to not confuse the OP, not being critical of anyone at all. There's a really big difference between .020 and .002 thousandths. If the OP read .020 thousandths that could be another question. My comment was a clarification for the OP, I made it and let it go.

Not worried about it at all....I know what I do. Just didn't want an obvious typo to confuse a new reloader. @Dmagna did say he pushed the shoulder .020". " My .02 on this is that I FL everything and push the shoulder .020"." Since the OP said he was new to this forum as well as reloading I just didn't want him to make a mistake.

Not worried about it at all....I know what I do. Just didn't want an obvious typo to confuse a new reloader. @Dmagna did say he pushed the shoulder .020". " My .02 on this is that I FL everything and push the shoulder .020"." Since the OP said he was new to this forum as well as reloading I just didn't want him to make a mistake.
Much appreciated! Feel like I just jumped off in the deep end with this whole reloading game it is a little bit overwhelming so I appreciate the consideration.

Much appreciated! Feel like I just jumped off in the deep end with this whole reloading game it is a little bit overwhelming so I appreciate the consideration.
If it makes you feel any better we all jumped off the deep end somewhere along the way. I thought I had it all figured out until I didn't.

I didn't read all 5 pages so this may have been mentioned. I did not see it in page 1.

IF you plan to use one cartridge in multiple rifles then you'll HAVE to Full Length size it to spec. That means bottoming the resizing die out on the shell holder. That's the only way to make sure it will fit multiple rifles safely. If it's only going to be for one rifle then I set the die to bump the shoulder .002" by using a shoulder comparator.

Don't forget to measure overall length after full length resizing as you might have to trim cases. I have found that once fired factory ammo needs trimmed after full length resizing depending on manufacturer and caliber.
Find the end of the chamber first! 🤣