New Rear Rest - I like it!!

This new rear rest just arrived and I finally got to test it out! Called the Extreme Rear Support System. I gotta say I'm pretty stoked to say goodbye to the rear bag. Anyone else try this yet? I saw its the newest one bob beck uses, kinda hard to tell how it works from the picture but here's a video of it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQBo5JSMXU

Attachments

• IMG_8703.jpg
    IMG_8703.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
It is a knock off of the bipod buddy. I have had the bipod buddy for years and really like it. It takes some getting used to if you have been using a bag. The one I have is $44, way better than $125!!

Looks like they stole the Bipod Buddy design. Must have not been patented! Not the first thing they've stole though and probably not the last.

Anyway I have one of the taller Bipod Buddies that I uses in tall grass and such. With a tall bipod and a Tall Bipod Buddy work great together when you cannot lay prone.

Bipod Buddy Home

Seems to be more rigid, and easier to use than the bipod buddy, that's why I liked it better. Big difference between a Honda Civic and a Corvette, definitely worth the money in my opinion! gun)

Looks like they stole the Bipod Buddy design. Must have not been patented! Not the first thing they've stole though and probably not the last.

Anyway I have one of the taller Bipod Buddies that I uses in tall grass and such. With a tall bipod and a Tall Bipod Buddy work great together when you cannot lay prone.

Bipod Buddy Home

Pretty sad, not good for a small business man making made in Montana products.

I have the Lil buddy and very pleased with it.

It seems like a nice product but would be too short for my setup. I use a Harris 25S as the coues wt terrain rarely lends itself to the shorter bipods. I use a bi-pod buddy called the Big Buddy. Been using it for years.

Big Buddy

The bi-pod buddy costs far less. It might be nice to have the clicks for span adjustment but the infinite arrangement of the bi-pod buddy works fine too.

The Bipod Buddy is a better product hands down. With this knock off your adjustments are set in stone with the button, bipod buddy allows for a full range of motion and allows you to pick where it locks. More "rigid" I give this the bipod buddy also, how in the world is a 4 oz product more rigid? Bipod buddy gives you more range of motion and all for more the 1/2 the cost??? Your money fellas :)

Last edited:
The Bipod Buddy is a better product hands down. With this knock off your adjustments are set in stone with the button, bipod buddy allows for a full range of motion and allows you to pick where it locks. More "rigid" I give this the bipod buddy also, how in the world is a 4 oz product more rigid? Bipod buddy gives you more range of motion and all for more the 1/2 the cost??? Your money fellas :)

Agreed! Joel McNeese, inventor and owner of www.BipodBuddy.com, and I live in the same town and here's what he has to say about the new rear rest on this thread ...

I figured it was just a matter of time before someone came up with a copy.

I feel like this is a good time for me to step in and hopefully alleviate some of the tensions that are in this thread.

My name is Robby Benedict and I am the Commercial Sales Manager for Rugged Ridge Outdoor Gear. While many of you are obviously on the Bipod Buddy band wagon, I would doubt that all that have posted their opinions have actually put their hands on our new Extreme Rear Support System. I personally have played with the bipod buddy and for a $40 product it can get the job done. Some have made statements that our product is a "knock off" and have labeled it as an inferior product. Other than the fact that both products are designed to support the rear of a rifle, I in no way see how it could be labeled as a knock off.

I am in no way bashing a product or saying that we have introduced the end all be all solution, but here is what I do see. The bipod buddy is a product that stood alone in a market overwhelmed by bulky sand bags and other less than ideal rear supporting solutions. Our product is a new spin on an old need of shooters. I would urge the skeptics to actually put your hands on the product before allowing your bias to degrade a truly premium level offering. While comparing the Bipod Buddy to the Extreme Rear Support System is like comparing apples to oranges, here is what we feel separates our product for those looking for a higher end option.

- Weight
- Fit and Finish/ Quality of Materials
- Functionality
- Premium Level Price Tag ($125)

There will continue to be a market for both products, just like there is a market for factory rifles vs. custom rifles.

At the end of the day, there is an offering for a multitude of users with the potential to meet the needs of their intended use and their budget.

I have strong respect for any successful product in this dynamic world we live in. In the end, if you take anything away from this long winded post, I hope it is this. We strive to produce the highest quality products possible because we are not only in the business to sale these products, but we are also seeking to have our own personal desires in products fulfilled. With that being said, I hope that until you have actually tried this product, that you will keep your opinions geared towards what you have actually tried. Give others that are willing to see the benefits of this product a chance to do so on their own merits.
-

Most people using this new system must hunt where there is no grass to shoot over. With this new product, in most hunting situations, a person would need a bag under it to give enough rear support to help in the shot. The options the bi-pod buddy offer and the different offerings sold, to me are worth more than a few ounces. I'm hauling a 12lb rifle, rear support isn't where most will need to cut weight.

I have been looking for a real solution to the rear bag wars. I have two 9 - 13 inch bipods and have always ended up "stacking" rear bags, jackets, and anything else I could think of. I will now look at these rather than going to a mono-pod type solution.

Thanks to all that offered info in this thread.

rch

I in no way see how it could be labeled as a knock off.

You mean, despite the fact it looks very similar, functions nearly the same way, and accomplishes the exact same thing? Yeah, I just don't see it either!! ;-)

- Weight
- Fit and Finish/ Quality of Materials
- Functionality
- Premium Level Price Tag ($125)

Haven't had my hands on it, so can't comment on the fit and finish, but I find it comical that one of the distinguishing features of your product is it's premium level price tag. And that 1.3oz weight savings sure sets it apart - not! I doubt most people could tell the difference if they were holding both units.

-

Thanks for the feedback though. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.