Rear rest/bag recommendation for field?

Coues100

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a rear bag/rest to be used w/ a tri-pod in the field. Something light and compact. Thanks, Mark H.

I use a short BR Harris bi-pod up front and simply use my clenched fist in the rear. Works great for me and it's really fast. Taller bi-pods require a much taller rear rest.

VH

Triad Tactical, call Steve Sheldon, order a sandbag from him and you are good to go - 25 bucks but I do not regret paying that since the bags are so well made and handy. Then find a two dollar carabiner and you can hook it to your pack, belt or where-ever. Works slick. I can send you an image if you like.

If you prefer to make one go to a craft store and buy a bag of plastic beads for making beenie babies, sew up a little bag to the size and shape you prefer.

LR7WSM:

Ditto on what Ian said. Thay are great and work fantastic. Depending on whether you use them on end or on their side, you can vary the height.

You can see them "Here" . Look at the Redman rear bags. Look under Misc. shooting gear.

Go t some place that makes plastic containers (creamery) and ask for some. Put said beads in a HD hunting sock and tie a knot with carabiner in it and your GTG.

Another vote for Redmans bags /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -- they work great, and he is a great guy -- get them at triad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.