New press opinions

Well, you haven't bought anything from them in 30 years. They have upgraded a great deal in recent years. Their Classic Cast Press is a cast iron monster. A beautiful heavy press, their Classic cast Turret press is the same, just solid.
I have to add, I've never ever had any issues with their dies. Easy to adjust, they produce extremely accurate Ammo. With little to no runout, as accurate as any manufacture.
Funny the perfect powder measure looks like it wouldn't last your lunch break, but it's extremely accurate. No one could fault their universal decap die.
Check out their current catalog, they have upgraded considerably over the past decade.
X-2

Rock Chucker, pre-Forrester Co-Ax, Mec and one of the little Lee APC presses. The Rock Chucker does it all until one gets to really long cases. Had a Lyman to load 416 Rigby for a friend but when he wanted to start reloading I sold him the press. The MEC is amazing and a joy to use. The Lee is used mainly for .223 and sizing cast bullets and does a fine job. If you have the opportunity try each you are considering. Co-Ax or MEC will spoil you for anything else.
I have a 416 Rigby and its cartridges can be loaded, on both the Forester Co-Ax and the newer RCBS Rockchucker...with the long 400 gr Barns copper bullets COAL 3.720" ...no problem...I just tested both the RCBS, and the Forester Co-Ax to make sure. On sizing and seating. Preference to the Forester Co-Ax.

The Lee CC press is a good press. Built strong, great spent primer retrevial system, large ram, lots of hand space for large/long cartridges, 3 bolt pattern hold down and priced right. I have one and load from the 222 Rem to the 30/378 Weatherby with little effort. There are very few press out there that are as good and even fewer that are better. JMO

Not bashing Lee products. They have served me well and still use a great deal of them. I simply believe there are better products in the press arena. That said, they have always made good when I've had a problem. It just sucks if you don't have a backup when it breaks and have to wait for replacement. I think it was gingerman that had a broken press toggle recently.
I did not view it as such.

I use a lot of Lee products, but some need a little attention, like deburring, & polishing. They may be mixed in, here an there, on progressives. I buy the Lee dies on purpose, to modify them, in the lathe for case forming chores, saves time, threading and drilling from solid round stock. Plus Lee offers a bunch other very useful products at an excellent price point. And I'm a fan of the Lee Sizing lubricant, this stuff works on heavy resizing jobs like case forming and MG fired 50BMG cases, plus sizing jacketed bullets in their cheap sizing dies..and 502 gr bullet molds for the 450 Bushmaster...Lee has a lot useful stuff.

The Lee CC press is a good press. Built strong, great spent primer retrevial system, large ram, lots of hand space for large/long cartridges, 3 bolt pattern hold down and priced right. I have one and load from the 222 Rem to the 30/378 Weatherby with little effort. There are very few press out there that are as good and even fewer that are better. JMO
I agree, it's my workhorse
IMG_6792.jpeg

I started reloading back in '86 with a Lee Challenger 2001 and the linkage broke. Cheap pot metal garbage. Have never touched a Lee press since. Has the linkage improved much? Also, the price difference between a Lee Classic Cast and a Rock Chucker is about $50.

Yeah, hard pass on the Lee. Linkage hasn't improved much I see.

The guy doing that review actually raves about the Lee press, says he loves it. He's doing Browning 50 caliber cartridges and built a LONG CHEATER BAR, to make the handle six inches longer. Tells of his problems tearing the press off it's mounting. Total BS trying to slam Lee.

My only pet peeve with the rock chucker is the spent primer catcher. It sucks. The rebel looks good though.
I have a Rock chucker and a Rebel. My only complaint with the Rebel is spent primers. They hit the linkage when they come out of the bottom of the ram. And they go all over the place. 1 out of every 4-5 will miss the bucket and shoot across the floor