New Peterson Brass

Hard to argue against that 140. I bought a lot of 1k to go with the PRS and this light hunter. The left group is the 5th test load I shot with 140's. That group with a low sd no seating depth tuning is what I like about ELD's. They seem to work just about at any normal expected depths.

Attachments

• 6.5 Creed Proof Target.jpg
    6.5 Creed Proof Target.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 144
Hard to argue against that 140. I bought a lot of 1k to go with the PRS and this light hunter. The left group is the 5th test load I shot with 140's. That group with a low sd no seating depth tuning is what I like about ELD's. They seem to work just about at any normal expected depths.
That's my experience with all of the ELDs. Anything from touching the lands to .020 off shoots. I shoot them .005 off in my 308 Norma and get .3 groups and I threw them together at 0.010 off in the Creedmoor and got the same results, .2-.3 groups. They're super easy to tune from my experience. Everyone I know shooting them hasn't had to do much seating depth work.

I test everything at .020 off now. 108's, 140, 147. Don't shoot .308 at this point but suspect I would still give it a try. I did a test at 30 60 90 120 at 750 one day for fun. All shot about the same, only change was velocity dropped with each deep depth.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.