New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

Preordered a 3-18x50 Dicrotech 4D Thursday just to check out the Dicrotech. dvor has some crazy preorder prices.

I've been looking for a scope to put on a longish range hunting rifle for some time now. The Dvor pricing was more than I could stand so a 3-18x50 FFP with MRAD reticle is on order. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Had I not seen the diagrams of the scope reticles posted here i would have bought a vari-x 5 3-15x56,but I am going to get an optika6 in 3-18x56 ffp zplus..I will come back and give a review..last year i got a trijicon 2.5-10x56,and it was great except not enough zoom..I have had leupolds and nikons in the past and several ppl have told me that meopta is coming to take over here..I am a little nervous about dropping that kind of cash on a scope that doesnt have alot of support here and didnt even show the reticles on their website but i have always been a guinea pig so we will see lol Im basing my final decision to buy this scope off the word of these guys here saying how great they are...

Had I not seen the diagrams of the scope reticles posted here i would have bought a vari-x 5 3-15x56,but I am going to get an optika6 in 3-18x56 ffp zplus..I will come back and give a review..last year i got a trijicon 2.5-10x56,and it was great except not enough zoom..I have had leupolds and nikons in the past and several ppl have told me that meopta is coming to take over here..I am a little nervous about dropping that kind of cash on a scope that doesnt have alot of support here and didnt even show the reticles on their website but i have always been a guinea pig so we will see lol Im basing my final decision to buy this scope off the word of these guys here saying how great they are...
I hear ya, scopes can be expensive!! At least you saved a couple hundred bucks on the Meopta over the VX5 though, believe those go for over a grand.

I hear ya, scopes can be expensive!! At least you saved a couple hundred bucks on the Meopta over the VX5 though, believe those go for over a grand.
they have a demo model on optics planet for $999 i think..but most everywhere else is over a grand...one guy is claiming the optika6 glass is equal to vx5..I will see

I know this has been a question from a lot of you on how the Dichrotech reticles look in real life, so.....Here are some pics I took through a MeoStar R1 3-12x56 with a #4 reticle. Depending on the reticle, different parts of it illuminate. You can refer to the reticle chart I posted a page or so back to see how each reticle uses Dichrotech.

- 1st pic is in my basement no lights on looking toward a window (best I could recreate a low light scenario)
- 2nd pic is inside my house no lights on looking through back door.
- 3rd and 4th pics are outside in direct sunlight. (barn in last pic is about 100 yards away on 3x power for reference)

**Note that the thick Dicrotech lines are actually transparent, so you will never fully obscure the target.

The reticle changes depending on background color and the ambient light coming through the scope. Generally speaking, the reticle is red the brighter the light and the lighter the background. The less light or darker background it turns a greenish white color. However, it is possible that the reticle can be both colors in certain scenarios. This isn't perfect, but best I could do with my iphone.

As a side note, this technology is patented by Meopta and was originally developed for the US Army, who wanted an "illuminated" reticle without battery power on their TOW missile launchers.

IMG_2974.jpg
IMG_2975.jpg
IMG_2976.jpg
IMG_2977.jpg

No. 653601 does not exist according to my current listing. Dealers may not have changed their numbers...originally there was a traditional mil dot in Optika but that got changed to the new MRAD design. The only illuminated Mil-Dot reticles are in the ZD series.
If you are looking for an Optika with the MRAD reticles you would want the following:

653558 1-6x24 FFP
653574 3-18x50 FFP
653587 3-18x56 FFP
653595 4.5-27x50 FFP
653608 5-30x56 ED FFP (34mm tube)

Glad I found this thread. Love my Meopta binos but was pretty dissapointed in useful (to me at least) reticle choices online.

Shiples.... interested in a 3-18x50 FFP with the MRAD RD reticle. Is there anywhere I can find the subtension breakdowns?

Glad I found this thread. Love my Meopta binos but was pretty dissapointed in useful (to me at least) reticle choices online.

Shiples.... interested in a 3-18x50 FFP with the MRAD RD reticle. Is there anywhere I can find the subtension breakdowns?
I don't have that info. I would call Meopta customer service. Ask for Erik (he should be the one to answer anyway) and see if he has it and can email you the info possibly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.