New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

I have been putting more and more rounds under the Optika6 3-18x56 SFP and love it. The 56 obj is huge for light gathering, letting me watch game after the sunset was a real treat. The clarity from edge to edge was also very impressive. I'll be back out with this rifle at the end of the week. The Bergara .308, Optika6, and Seekins Precision rings make one accurate rig.

Meopta Optika6 3-18x56
https://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.08.18 PM.png

I have been putting more and more rounds under the Optika6 3-18x56 SFP and love it. The 56 obj is huge for light gathering, letting me watch game after the sunset was a real treat. The clarity from edge to edge was also very impressive. I'll be back out with this rifle at the end of the week. The Bergara .308, Optika6, and Seekins Precision rings make one accurate rig.

Meopta Optika6 3-18x56
https://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.08.18 PM.png
I'm torn between Meopta and Athlon...Cameraland is running some great deals on the Athlon Ares right now.

I can't help ya there. Sounds like you need to give Doug a call at Camerland and get his input. I can only tell you that there will be no regrets if you buy the Meopta.

Is that even a choice?
No experience with either brand....Leupold 3x9's are all I've ever had experience with. Ya don't know what ya don't know. My struggle is between the Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 (on sale) or the Meopta Optika6 3-18 x 50 (not delivered to stores yet). Both FFP with illuminated reticles. Either would be light years better than old Leupy's.

I've owned 2 athlons. No problems with either one. Just know those models are Chinese made. Glass quality in both were OK. Nothing that WOW'ed me. For the price on sale they're perfect. Right now I'm having problems with a Steiner and I'm replacing it. I could easily buy 2 of the athlons, but instead I'm going with the Meopta. The glass can only be better, and with it being U.S.A. made with European glass, I think it will be a better scope.
No experience with either brand....Leupold 3x9's are all I've ever had experience with. Ya don't know what ya don't know. My struggle is between the Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 (on sale) or the Meopta Optika6 3-18 x 50 (not delivered to stores yet). Both FFP with illuminated reticles. Either would be light years better than old Leupy's.

Go for the meopta.

Meopta Optika6 3-18x56
What height rings did you use?

I put a Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 on my Bergara B1 and it has Talley Low(730700) rings, It is a very nice clear scope but more for range and targets then I'd like so would sell if anyone's interested.
The Talley's are nice one piece set up and not that speny.
Hhardrock

It's killing me waiting for the 4.5x27x50, going to have to go a different route in order to be ready for elk in late Oct....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.