New Load Grouped Great; Not So Great Today

Had a 7mag that would shoot bug holes at 100 yards....one trip at the range, honestly hitting at about 75 yards in the dirt, next 2 ft right on the berm...????? Was ready to wrap it around support beam, walked by the barrel and literally slapped it...heard a strange huummm noise....freaking recoil reducer was loose!!!! Tightened it up, went back to bugholes...almost a REAL expensive lesson. (Note to self, keep temper in check)....loctight after that...rsbhunter
Done that too. Makes feel stupid when you figure out out ten shots into load development later!

This was before they had the self timing brakes, it was a radial Vais break, so there was no way to see it off level....but, lesson learned...now I use a suppressor on some rifles. WAY to expensive to get lax and have a baffle strike !!!!!!! rsbhunter

Done that too. Makes feel stupid when you figure out out ten shots into load development later!
At my prs match last weekend my rifle was shooting about .8mil lower at 600 than what it was supposed to and super inconsistent and just over all hitting low on everything. After my 2nd to last stage I set my rifle on the rack and I heard a strange noise. I grabbed the barrel and chassis together and my barrel and action were just flopping around in my chassis. All day inwas frustrated wondering what was going on and my front action screw came loose. Lesson learned. I felt like such a moron

The moron club is large and proud...we do these things so that others may benefit from our wisdom. It sucks, but that is why we have big shoulders !!!!! rsbhunter
Haha! I know this stuff and I still repeat! It's even worse the third time!

I set my scope turret for the 200 meter plates when shooting at 300 meters.....the VERY next week at a different match, I set my 385 meter setting at 500 meters.....dropped 10 targets each time...and checked my setting during the string !!!! We can fix the freaking Hubble telescope a million miles away, but we STILL can't fix STUPID!! rsbhunter