New guy 300 win mag questions

DGD6mm
thanks so much for your comments and suggestion!

We definitely will consider all options...but I am 99% sure that the mounts are solid..lapped, torqued, aligned with levels...and more...but...
once we complete the reloads, and a cool day comes to south GA..we will give it another shot..

If no good, we will look up your gunsmith!
thanks and we will keep you all posted...thanks for the comments and support..

MM
GABoy

DGD6mm
thanks so much for your comments and suggestion!

We definitely will consider all options...but I am 99% sure that the mounts are solid..lapped, torqued, aligned with levels...and more...but...
once we complete the reloads, and a cool day comes to south GA..we will give it another shot..

If no good, we will look up your gunsmith!
thanks and we will keep you all posted...thanks for the comments and support..

MM
GABoy

Well with knowing this the scope is definitely mounted properly and anchored securely. That leaves the scope itself as being the weak link. Just trying to eliminate one thing at a time.

Don Dunlap

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the Vortex or Bergers. 215's out of my 300 WM is a great combo. I would actually recommend that you try them with some H1000 and FED GM 215M primers. Has worked in multiple 300 WM from full custom to factory rifles. We start them at 30 thou off and work up to pressure and load development is done. Every rifle has been that simple. Also get a brake. My Holland works awesome!

Hey guys here for an update. I sent scope back there was debris in the tube and as always vortex fixed it for free. Got scope back on humans took it to the range last week and got scope dialed in and was very impressed with how well it shot and even more impressed with how it tracked while sighting in. I am probably going to the range on Monday after work so I'll take some pics and post of how it groups. Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks for the response i shot a group as well as my dad and had the same result. Possible shooter error because we were both hot and fatigued. I guess the best thing to do is go and shoot a few more groups when im fresh

The 95 degrees and 85% humidity would have done me in. I don't do well in those conditions.

The next time out try adjusting for a good zero at 100 OR 200 yds. Then when you go to the other distance we can better estimate where the impact should be.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.