new gun?

Driftbuster

I'm looking for a new gun in 300 Win Mag. Anyone have some hands on time wth the vanguard s2, or the T/C Venture?
Thanks

You can't go wrong with the vanguard, my sub moa 30-06 will shoot 3/8s moa all day any day with hand loads and about 1/2moa with factory ammo. I'm not a big fan of the thompson centers in any form, my picks are savage, howa(weatherby vanguard), and weatherby mk 5s.

Jim See, Centershot rifles, "Coyboy" did a review. Send him a PM, or run a search. The thread's titled, Two upcoming reviews, or something similar. He rated the venture highly.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Of your two choices, I'd go with the TC Venture. I shot a co-worker's ICON and Venture in .270 Win and they performed extremely well in factory ammo ... very well built rifles.

IIRC but might be wrong, there was a recall on Venture for something ... I don't think it's anything major but you might want to look into.

Good luck!

ADDED:

Here's the safety recall notice ...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_777653_-1_757978_757978_image

FENIX I have friend hat won a venture in 270 and it is also a great shooter, I like how the gun feels. The Vanguard has a following also, I don't like the squared off fore end but the new s2 looks different and I can't find one to put my hands on yet. I would also like to check out the new dimension.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.