New coyote gun.

Yeah it's possible I hope the barrel is just speeding up. Not sure how I'm going to get around it if it's the powder. My plan is to run around another 40 rounds through it and then try it again.
If you don't have Quickload, someone on here might be able run some options. I'm sure short barreled rifles and reloading are quite solvable. It will give you burn%, case fill, barrel time and many more items.

Thanks for the input everyone. I had a chance to shoot some test loads through it. The speed is way funny at the moment. I did shoot a really good group but the extreme spread was over 60 fps. Speed was an average of 2800 fps, that's not max load and it wasn't showing any signs of pressure.

Not trying to high jack the thread, but if putting more rounds through it doesn't help the ES then what will you do? Say to heck with the numbers and load what shoots the best on paper then go hunting. I ask because I have a 22-250 that shoots good groups with a ES of 30 and opens up when I get the ES down. You have awesome rig BTW.

My friend just re barreled both his Comp 6creeds with 16.5" bbls. He is running 110gr bullets 2900fps.

Went and verified this load out to 952 the other day and velocity is at 2830fps. The lab radar doesn't read that well with a suppressor on. But ordered a microphone to help.

Not trying to high jack the thread, but if putting more rounds through it doesn't help the ES then what will you do? Say to heck with the numbers and load what shoots the best on paper then go hunting. I ask because I have a 22-250 that shoots good groups with a ES of 30 and opens up when I get the ES down. You have awesome rig BTW.
Yeah that's probably what I will do just load an accurate shooting load. I really changed calibers in hopes that the es would be lower. The gun used to be a 243 and it was around 25 es. This set up isn't really meant to shoot all that far so the es shouldn't be a big concern. However I changed it from a 243 for the different shoulder degree and a more consistent burn to help with the es.

Went and verified this load out to 952 the other day and velocity is at 2830fps. The lab radar doesn't read that well with a suppressor on. But ordered a microphone to help.
That's weird, how do you have it set. I think I changed my setting to pick up the bullet not go off sound. I don't like shooting it to much with out the suppressor. My gains speed when I put it on I think like 30fps if I remember right. I haven't messed with testing loads for a while.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.