New Fierce Rifle not grouping as expected

Send the rifle to John. I have talked to him and he always took the time to talk. He was always helpful and stands behind his product. Somebody else touches it and warranty service might get sticky. I currently have an Edge in 270 WSM. From a cold barrel, it shoots well under 1/2 at 100 yards for 3 shots. Now, I don't push it because 5 shot groups start to wide under 1". I am a handloader and it took a while to find the right load, but as a hunting rig it is a keeper.

If you want to talk to a local gunsmith, I recommend Norbert Costa in Boise or MCM in Nampa . If you're simply to busy to mess with it , I'm in Weiser and have a range at my house. I'd be glad to give it a whirl and see if I can get any positive results out of it before you send it back to the factory.
Nice offer.... good on you Sir

Did you break in the barrel using the Fierce technique? They highly recommend doing so--its on the website in FAQ section. Also try using the ammo they shot your proof target with if it meets your purposes. They guarantee 1/2 MOA with factory ammo or they'll work you up a load that will shot 1/2 MOA and give you the recipe. They proofed my 7mm-08 CT Carbon Edge using 125 gr Nosler BT...So I was like...great, but, why'd you do that?...nobody shoots 125 gr Nos BT in the field on deer/Elk...it was a .3 MOA group but just not what I use.

So I cheated and bought about five different factory loads all around 140 gr and 150 gr Hornady precision. They all shot good(ish) but no house afire. The Hndy Precision was a real disappointment--I heard so much about it and was hoping to be lazy and just get a bunch of factory 150:) and be done with it. So I went to work reloading and discovered it was very finicky to bullet type. The good news is I developed a very satisfactory load using 145 gr. Barnes LRX that gives me 2844 in the 22' carbon fiber barrel and is a deadly load on game--shoots about a .40 cal., 5 shot group at 100 yds. Best thing is 6.25 Lbs with optics...I do love that rig, very "handy".

So you might try the break-in, the ammo they used for your proof, then some other brand/weight of factory ammo, then try working up a load before punting to the factory. They will indeed work you up a load but might take a while. They are good dudes but now that they are busy and famous they've gotten very sloooow--my 6 month wait for the custom build rifle turned into 14 months as they really had trouble getting the 22" in barrel blanks out of Canada, coupled with about 10,000 rifle orders drop all at once after the second/third? shot show--I don't think they saw that comin'. I bought two other CT Carbon Edge off the shelf in 6.5 CM for my son and business partner (both of those BTW, shoot anything you chamber, lights out) and talked a lot with John and Devin during the build...despite that engagement after a while it was like "'scuse me who are you?...and what are we doing for you? Oh yeah you're that guy--evidently an individual buying 15K worth of rifles does not impress the Fierce crew:)

I own three CT Edge rifles and feel there is not a finer weapon in my safe. My 300WSM and 6.5-284 shot fantastic without much effort. My 280AI took finding the right bullet powder combo. Ultimately I wanted to shoot a 162 ELDX and my rifle liked bullets in the 150 range. Now it shoots lights out.
After seeing my rifles I had two friends who also picked up CT edge rifles, one in 28 nosler and the other in 7mm STW. My friend with the 28 Nolser found that the 175grELDX was the best shooting bullet out of his rifle- he hand loads. He was initially frustrated until he shot that bullet. My friend with the 7mm STW could not get his to shoot under 1" (tried every factory ammo he could get) and sent it back to Fierce who eventually rebarreled the rifle and he decided on 7mm Rem instead of STW this time. This process took the better part of ONE YEAR. They said his rifle shot .75MOA and stood behind their .5MOA guarantee.
Before I would send your rifle back I would:
1- check all of your bedding screws and make sure they are torqued to the rifles specs
2-Try different bullet powder combinations. Use a ladder test to find the sweet spot for your barrel
3-Check to make sure your muzzle break is timed correctly
4- Try a different scope to make sure there is not issue there
I know you are frustrated. My 280 AI CT Edge is a customized Fierce and took 18 months to get- including sending it back to Fierce and getting McMillan involved in getting the stock right. I can tell you Mr Mogel could use some courses in customer service but in the end, they will get your gun right. I had a horrible experience getting my 3rd CT Edge just fabricated and shipped to me. I thought I would never say anything good about the company after my experience but I am so pleased with the product that all I can say is sometimes you appreciate things more after adversity than if it comes easy. Good Luck!

if it were me, i'd try another scope first, then i'd try a new mount/ring. then i'd have someone else shoot it (that knows how to shoot). if it's still not shooting right, then i'd send it back.

As owner of a Fierce in 7RM, I experiment same kind of bad accuracy.
First, tried the same ammo Fierce used for your test target.
After, do what 762x51 said.
The problem with mine was a high-end scope not holding the zero.
With handload, my rifle shoot much better then the factory test target. ;-)

If Fierce said send it back, I would send it back to fierce.

Some manufacturers will tell you to kick rocks if someone else has worked on their rifle.

Should of bought a savage. Shoots good right out of the box. :p:p:p Sorry about the bad results with that much money spent though. Seem to me a lot of negatives(picky gun only shoots XXX) once the company has became popular and for the cost of 4500 I would think a blue printed, trued, Remington with a top of the line rifle cut barrel, and a decent stock having a repeatable gun smith put it together the thing would probably shoot really good with several different quality ammo. My factory Sendero printed .8 to 1.25 with a couple of top qualty box ammo and my hand loads print .5 moa. It's a 300 RUM. I have a bout 2000 in it. Its been bedded and muzzle break. Just a lot of doe for a lot of fuss. :(

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.