Opinions of Fierce rifle in 300 PRC

I don't have a problem with Fierce rifles. The one my buddy has does really well. My other buddy just ordered one so we will see how it is. The only issue I have with factory/custom rifles like that is that they are built for factory ammo. If you are gonna reload, it behooves you to just buy the parts and have a smith chamber it to seat bullets out further.

Yea. I reload for my friends Fierce 7 mag and to be 30 thousandths off the rifling, he has to single load them.

That is for a copper mono though which is a longer bullet.

Last edited:
I havent found that to be the case with my kids 300 WM. I can load 215 Bergers .030 off and they feed fine out of the mag. With that said I would say the rifle is ok, I think Id try a Seekins before I bought another Fierce especially with the bad QC and CS stories

Some pretty poor reviews around would steer me away personally. I'd buy a seekins or a tikka. Nice thing about the tikka is you could buy in and put it in a nice stock of your choice and still be money ahead.

To be honest, if it were me and I was gonna reload for it. I'd call Hells Canyon Armory and see what the price and time frame is for one of their HCA Carbon Killer rifles are. They are built in Tikka actions and the AW2 Reamer is used on the chamber to get rid of the PRC clicker issue. I have on in 7 PRC and it's very nice. That's if he wants a carbon barrel of course. I don't think the price difference is that great of a difference either.

I know that's not what you asked but I was just giving another option.

To be honest, if it were me and I was gonna reload for it. I'd call Hells Canyon Armory and see what the price and time frame is for one of their HCA Carbon Killer rifles are. They are built in Tikka actions and the AW2 Reamer is used on the chamber to get rid of the PRC clicker issue. I have on in 7 PRC and it's very nice. That's if he wants a carbon barrel of course. I don't think the price difference is that great of a difference either.

I know that's not what you asked but I was just giving another option.
Mike's barrels just plain shoot great.
His work is top notch, plus Mike's communication with his clients is stellar.

I've been happy with my carbon rival in 300 prc. Don't have a lot of trigger time with it but bought it on this forum and took it to the range to sight in with factory ammo and was happy with it. Didn't measure the groups but the best i can remember it was moa or better with hornady percision hunter. I was about to get one in 7mm prc until i started hearing reviews and stories about their customer service, I'll wait until I find a seekins now.