New Fierce Rifle not grouping as expected

I would say with some of the higher priced stuff like big bore Weatherby, or over bore Weaterbys like the 30-378, 378, or a 338 Lapua, the cheytac rounds it probably pays for itself in the long run. But yes it is a love or just the fun of being able to make something, take it out and either make those 1000 yrd hits or make that great shot on an animal at 7,8, or 900 or beyond yards and then know its something you made. It make it just that much more satisfying. As for some of the over the counter stuff now days it can be really good and I have shot some myself and used it out to 600 or 700 or so when target shooting.

If you enjoy reloading, that's the only reason you need! But it's absurd when some guys propagate or regurgitate the mistruth that you "must" reload to shoot long range or tight groups.

I'll usually chrono 20-40 rounds at a time when I'm looking to approximate SDs. The Hornady stuff has been in the teens and twenties for a 95%+ confidence level.

I've looked into reloading & ran the life-cycle cost analysis multiple times for myself and the numbers only pan out if I don't assign a value to my time. In reality I'm money & time ahead to periodically work a couple extra hours and spend the extra time at the range. I can appreciate that's not everyone else's circumstance.

An SD of 25 fps for a 6.5 143 eld-x bullet at normal 6.5cm velocities is around 6" of POI variance at 1000 yards and does not account for environmental conditions or shooter flaws. I am not willing to shoot at an animal at that range with these type of numbers.

An SD of 25 fps for a 6.5 143 eld-x bullet at normal 6.5cm velocities is around 6" of POI variance at 1000 yards and does not account for environmental conditions or shooter flaws. I am not willing to shoot at an animal at that range with these type of numbers.
If your sd is in the 20's then your es is likely at least double, possibly more if thats for 20-25 shots. Your more like 11-12" of vertical at 1000.

So, with a smaller SD, you'd be ok with shooting animals with a 6.5cm at 1,000 yards?

So, with a smaller SD, you'd be ok with shooting animals with a 6.5cm at 1,000 yards?
In the right conditions I would be fine with a deer at 1000 with a 6.5cm.

With todays weather, and the elevation I live at, I would be just under 1700fps with my 143eld load. Bit breezy here at the momment, so today would be a no-go for me. Last night was dead calm, the aspen fuzz was just floating calmly.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.