New F-Class Rifle

TMR

Official LRH Sponsor
Decided to build a fancy rifle that was a little out of the normal for me...no camo, od, flat colors. Plus I needed something to try out the new prototype Phoenix Machine receiver with 1pc bolt. So far, it is proving to be very accurate. I will test it out some more at the match next weekend. Anyway, here are the specs and pictures.

Phoenix Machine Falcon Receiver
31" Broughton F-Class Contour 1-8 twist
McMillan F-Class Stock
Jewell Trigger
Seekins base and lug
NF 12-42x56 Benchrest
6x47 Lapua...105's at 3250fps..still working up

6x47Lapua004.jpg

6x47Lapua007.jpg

TMR,

That pic reveals some serious attitude towards LR shooting.

Keep us posted on how your shoot goes.

I like the lines on the stock. One of the better Mc. designs except for the forearm width for shooting on a bipod. I'm in the process of stock selection for a build.

Thanks guys. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. I almost coated it in matte black to be another "mini black sunshine", but thought this would be ok for it designed uses.

Roy,

The stock is pretty comfortable. It has a slightly different feeling grip than the "A" series stocks. It it had the A-5 forend, I think it would make a great long range hunting stock. Although, I am finding that it is hard to beat the Manners T-2 stocks I have been building on. I will keep you guys posted on the shoot. So far, 100-300 yds is pretty much 1 hole groups if I keep my head together.

Joel,

I can't change everything that quickly.....Thought about painting the rest gloss black though just to fit in with the rifle.:D

TMR

That's a great looking rifle. I hope it takes home a lot of fake wood and plastic.:)

I myself have a 6X47 in the works. Surgeon target action, Broughton F-class barrel, Jewell trigger, Manners T2 stock and topped off with a NF 8-32X56 benchrest scope. You actually influenced me to try the Manners stocks with your 338 Edge twins post a while back. I got 2 of the T2's from Tom, they look and feel great.

Jimbo300,

You won't be disappointed with the 6x47. Especially with the components you have chosen. I would have put this one in a T2 stock also, but we decided it needed to be a little more flashy.

Trublue,

This is a prototype action that uses a one piece bolt that Phoenix Machine makes. This will end up being their "complete" action they are going to start selling. So far, it is proving to be very accurate. So far I have around 150rds through the barrel. I shot a 5 shot group today at 300 that measured just under 1/2" outside to outside. After that, I packed it up and headed home. I was happy with that considering I am still getting used the rifle and shooting off a rest. This shooting prone off a benchrest takes a little more getting used to than I thought.

This receiver is a little tighter than the Nesika that I have. Glen told me the bolt to receiver fit is slightly tighter than the Nesika. I think it will be a dandy once we get a couple little quirks worked out of it. The bolt pretty much slides like it is on rails...very smooth.

TMR,

I also like the looks of the matching 338 EDGE's and the 6.5x47's that you have done. Very nice looking rigs, all of them!!
JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.