New build question

chad44

My smith wants a dummy round to get my chamber right. I have no brass and I certainly can't fire form any. What should I do? I have a lot of time before he needs it. My barrel is 5 months out but even if I find brass it'll just be new brass and never fired. Just not sure how that'll work. Any advice would be great.

I bet he is just looking to set the throat depth for the bullet you want to use. If your setting up a single shot you don't have to stick with a short throat and worry about magazine length. If that's the case you just need a piece of new brass sized and your bullet of choice seated to whatever you want. That is working off a couple of assumptions there.(not good I know)

It sounds like a conversation about what your both trying to accomplish would be the best advice.

I agree. Im trying to get all my ducks in a row so hes not waiting on me when that time comes. getting everything ordered is stressful! fun but stressfull:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.