New build in the works

Sure be neat to get Eric, Ernie, Ray and Ross together for a 1 mile prairie dog. I'd spot for u guys with my Highlanders. Heck i might even break down and buy a 50x ocular for that shoot--yessiree!

Here's my latest prairie dog rig--Neallum-stocked 225 Win. 8 twist McGowen on the Svg. Tgt. Action/Unertl BV-20 with TK Lee 3 MOA 0.125"dots reticle--

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

Good looking set up man, how do you like the mcgowan barrel I've got one ordered for mine just curious as to how it shoots. I had one on a 338 edge and it shot lights out.

-Nathan

Thks. guys. Nathan, i haven't even shot it yet due to a couple complications and coyote/big game seasons interfering. Working up loads as we write.

Holy crap that is one bad *** looking rig right there..... WOW
what's the barrel length on it.

Thanks for the pics man,
Nathan

Years ago when I had an FFL, there was a Federal law against building a pistol on an existing rifle action.
When Remington made the XP100, Remington designed a new action specifically for the XP100. This was a legal loophole.
A few years later, if I'm recalling correctly, Remington built a rifle on this same action which was completely legal according to the law. If memory still serves me correctly, it was chambered for the 6.5mm Remington Magnum.
There wasn't any law against building a rifle on an existing pistol action, at least at that time there wasn't.
So now I have to conclude, either there are laws being broken or the laws have changed since I had my FFL.

Spencer

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.