New Brass

Bob S.

What do you guys do to your new brass? Perform the whole operation or just some steps untill it is fire formed to your particular rifle? If you only do some of the steps, which ones and why?

I trim to length. de-bur inside out also debur the flash holes.
Neck size to streighten out any dents on the necks.
on some brass like winchester or remington I check the primer holes to make sure there all in the middle.
shoot and form to the chamber they will be used for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks for the reply. I wash, deburr the flash hole, dress the primer pocket, partial resize for the neck only, champfer and load er up for a fire forming. The whole process is performed after the first firing. This only includes triming to length and full length resize additional. I don't neck turn at this time and I don't sort brass by wieght and all that other BR stuff. I think I would like to get into it that much but have not as of yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.