New Berger bullets from SHOT Show

Companies like Berger ? Well, Berger as it used to be is no more ..... It is now a Lapua company which is owned by Nammo of Norway, things will be completely different and niche bullets catering to a small market will never happen, especially with Berger delving into the ammunition market, the usual bullets may become even scarcer for the reloader , I sure hope that won't happen since I shoot a ton of Berger bullets in multiple calibers and weights, sure glad I just bought an additional K each of 200.20X, 215 and 230 gr 30 cal bullets, with the popularity of the 300 Norma Mag skyrocketing all those bullets will be directed to ammunition, especially with the .mil adopting the 300 Norma Mag, who knows when reloaders will ever see the 245 gr 30 cal bullet or the Lapua made 300 Norma Mag brass ? hope they set aside some for us .........

the good news is Sierra is producing some seriously high bc bullets these days, the new 7mms and the 6.5 shoot fantastic and hold up to some extreme velocities in the Norma Mag Imp wildcats, can't wait to burn some powder with the 230 gr SMK that sports a .800 bc supposedly, got 200 pcs coming in this weekend

Guys,
Lets stop the Berger /NAMMO speculation right here. Berger hasn't changed. If anything this merger will help us bring new bullets out maybe even faster. NAMMO is committed to the US MARKET so no worries. Just give us some time to get the production going fullbore again , and the computer and phone systems dialed in. You want to suggest a new bullet? Contact us at [email protected]. Or call us from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN time MON thru FRI at 714-441-7202. Thanks !

Guys,
Lets stop the Berger /NAMMO speculation right here. Berger hasn't changed. If anything this merger will help us bring new bullets out maybe even faster. NAMMO is committed to the US MARKET so no worries. Just give us some time to get the production going fullbore again , and the computer and phone systems dialed in. You want to suggest a new bullet? Contact us at [email protected]. Or call us from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN time MON thru FRI at 714-441-7202. Thanks !

So when is an estimate of when the 6.5 156's and the 7mm 184's going to be available? Also any idea if the 184's will be good on game?

Hey Phil, when are the .257 140 Elite Hunters going to be available? :D

Also, what twist rate will it require, so I know what blank to go ahead and order? ;)

I'd be happy with a .257 130 grain bullet. That'd have a BC probably in the .6s that would be enough for this guy.
I would agree, is there even a .500 bc bullet available in 257? Anything even approaching .600 would be killer

Nope, not me... 6.5mm's are going up to 155-160 grains... I think a .257 140 Elite Hunter would be the way to go.

Well they could make a 130 and 140. id personally be happy with something in the 130 range.
Wow , really a .257 caliber bullet with a G1 BC of .500? Are we drinking a little early before the game? lol !! Send us an email to support@ capstonepg.com and we will get your requests on the list. As for information in regards to twist rates ETC on the bullets announced at SHOT. We know as much as you guys do right now. All new bullet releases and information are put out on the BERGER BULLETS BLOG first. So subscribe to get updates or check out the Berger website on occasion.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.