Observations from SHOT Show...

crazyhorse

Just got in late last night from attending my first SHOT Show. All I can say is WOW! Without a doubt the largest collection of anything shooting, hunting, tactical related I've ever seen. I was there for over 8 hours a day, for 4 days and didn't get close to seeing it all! Some observations while I was there...

Manner's Stocks - Without a doubt some of the friendliest and helpful people I encountered while I was there! Their stocks are outstanding and the customer service is even better. I had the chance to meet and talk to Tom Manners several times during the week and he was more than willing to take the time and answer any questions I had. Needless to say I placed an order before I left. Can't say enough good things about the folks at Manners!

Badger Ordinance - They were located right beside Manners and all the things I listed about Manners apply. Very helpful and knowledgable of the products they carry. I am in the process of upgrading my rings and bases and went into the show looking for information about doing so. The folks at Nightforce didn't seem interested if you weren't inquiring about large orders or govt contracts (which was my primary reason for being there) but I approached each vendor without that knowledge because I wanted a true picture of their product and service rather than the spoon fed sales pitch given to commercial customers. I was very impressed with Badger and the fact that Manners and Badger work together in creating their products makes it even better.

Berger Bullets - Enjoyed talking with the folks at Berger, got the opportunity to meet Walt Berger. I laughed at myself because every TV personality in the industry was there and the only picture I took was with Walt Berger! He is extremely nice and was genuinely interested in helping me with any questions. I also found out that Berger has recently added three new machines to help with the backlog of orders. They were the only company willing to explain what they were doing to try and keep up. All of the other bullet manufacturers would only say that they are working as fast as they can and hope to catch up.

Huskemaw Scopes - Once again great folks to talk with and very helpful with questions. I already own a Huskemaw and have nothing but great things to say about it. The new 1-6 power scope was impressive and would be a great intermediate optic for an AR style platform. I'm hoping to add another 5-20 to my collection this summer. Great folks at Huskemaw!

First Lite clothing - Good quality stuff that is designed by guys that hunt. They use high quality material and make a solid product. If you are currently using Sitka or the like I would give them a look it's good stuff made by good people.

It was information overload and I could make this thread a novel if I posted about everything that was relevant. The ones that I listed above stuck out among the crowd because of their knowledge and customer service, hope it helps!

Just got in late last night from attending my first SHOT Show. All I can say is WOW! Without a doubt the largest collection of anything shooting, hunting, tactical related I've ever seen. I was there for over 8 hours a day, for 4 days and didn't get close to seeing it all! Some observations while I was there...

Manner's Stocks - Without a doubt some of the friendliest and helpful people I encountered while I was there! Their stocks are outstanding and the customer service is even better. I had the chance to meet and talk to Tom Manners several times during the week and he was more than willing to take the time and answer any questions I had. Needless to say I placed an order before I left. Can't say enough good things about the folks at Manners!

Badger Ordinance - They were located right beside Manners and all the things I listed about Manners apply. Very helpful and knowledgable of the products they carry. I am in the process of upgrading my rings and bases and went into the show looking for information about doing so. The folks at Nightforce didn't seem interested if you weren't inquiring about large orders or govt contracts (which was my primary reason for being there) but I approached each vendor without that knowledge because I wanted a true picture of their product and service rather than the spoon fed sales pitch given to commercial customers. I was very impressed with Badger and the fact that Manners and Badger work together in creating their products makes it even better.

Berger Bullets - Enjoyed talking with the folks at Berger, got the opportunity to meet Walt Berger. I laughed at myself because every TV personality in the industry was there and the only picture I took was with Walt Berger! He is extremely nice and was genuinely interested in helping me with any questions. I also found out that Berger has recently added three new machines to help with the backlog of orders. They were the only company willing to explain what they were doing to try and keep up. All of the other bullet manufacturers would only say that they are working as fast as they can and hope to catch up.

Huskemaw Scopes - Once again great folks to talk with and very helpful with questions. I already own a Huskemaw and have nothing but great things to say about it. The new 1-6 power scope was impressive and would be a great intermediate optic for an AR style platform. I'm hoping to add another 5-20 to my collection this summer. Great folks at Huskemaw!

First Lite clothing - Good quality stuff that is designed by guys that hunt. They use high quality material and make a solid product. If you are currently using Sitka or the like I would give them a look it's good stuff made by good people.

It was information overload and I could make this thread a novel if I posted about everything that was relevant. The ones that I listed above stuck out among the crowd because of their knowledge and customer service, hope it helps!
Nice report.

I want to go next year ! :)

One more note about Walt Berger I met him at the NRA show here in Houston last May , very personable man , willing to take the time to answer questions from a fairly new long ranger shooter , it never fails to amaze me when you go to shows how some of the manufactures will spend time and answer questions from people , an other could care less to talk to you ? , I have been shooting nosler ammo and bullets for a while and still do , but at the NRA show all they would do is just throw their brochure at you and said check their web site . Just an observation .

Hope to go next year ! Good post

Funny you say that about Nosler, same reaction when I tried to talk to them about the new 26. I asked what they were expecting for barrel life and he replied "we don't know yet"...

Forgot to add that the folks at Redding were awesome as well.

Funny you say that abou Manners. I got to talk to Tom and was very inpressed with his politeness and willingness to talk and help. I will be ordering a stock this week.
I was equally impressed with the whole staff at PTG. And will be ordering from them soon also.
Berger guys were great too.
There were many many booths that were less than impressive do to the staffing. I think many of them have forgotten there roots or daddy started the company and the sons didnt have to earn it. Most of the owners of the companies were extremly down to earth and pleasant to talk to. Most of there sons were not.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.