New Nikon product's from SHOT Show

One of my favorite's is a scope you guys have asked for for a while. Nikon Black FX1000. FFP, illumination,30mm, hash marks at the .5 mil/moa, around 23 oz and here you go, zero stop! 4-16x50 $749 and 6-24x50 MOA $799.
How much adjustment does this scope have? From looking at the nikon site, only 17 MRAD total, so only 58 MOA of total adjustment.....

That should give you plenty of elevation to reach 1000 yards and beyond.

IMG_0203.jpg

Ok, hopefully it is 70 or more MOA. 58 would just be a little on the skinny side, middle gives ya 29 MOA up, put a 20 MOA rail on and you may or may not be able zero at 100 without heavy paralax, even if everything is perfect it only gives you approx. 9 MOA below zero. If its 70 though, that would be much better, the same amount as a PST gen ii.

Just as an example, Say you're getting 20 mil's of adjustment out of the BLACK FX1000 6-26 MRAD. If you're shooting longrange you have a 20 MOA base which would bump your elevation up another 6 mrad's. Even with the 20 MOA base you won't have issues zeroing this scope at 100/200 yards.
Going to 1000 yards which it seems today is the benchmark of many longrange shooter's, the below data is rough and just to give you an idea about what would be needed to reach that distance.

.223 53 gr at 3465 fps approx 10 mil
.243 95 gr @3100 fps ~10mil
.308 168gr@2800 fps ~10mil
6.5cm 143gr @2700fps ~8.5mil
.300 win 180gr @2900fps ~9mil

These are approximations and the ammo is hunting ammo, swap out the hunting ammo for a more efficient target ammo and the mil adjustment drops from 9to 7mils..
This is just to a rough example not meant to start a firestorm over this data being approximations and not gospel.

Just as an example, Say you're getting 20 mil's of adjustment out of the BLACK FX1000 6-26 MRAD. If you're shooting longrange you have a 20 MOA base which would bump your elevation up another 6 mrad's. Even with the 20 MOA base you won't have issues zeroing this scope at 100/200 yards.
Going to 1000 yards which it seems today is the benchmark of many longrange shooter's, the below data is rough and just to give you an idea about what would be needed to reach that distance.

.223 53 gr at 3465 fps approx 10 mil
.243 95 gr @3100 fps ~10mil
.308 168gr@2800 fps ~10mil
6.5cm 143gr @2700fps ~8.5mil
.300 win 180gr @2900fps ~9mil

These are approximations and the ammo is hunting ammo, swap out the hunting ammo for a more efficient target ammo and the mil adjustment drops from 9to 7mils..
This is just to a rough example not meant to start a firestorm over this data being approximations and not gospel.
No firestorm, was jist looking for clarification on the adjustment range. Thank you sir!!

All good Cody. Nikon isn't going to tell you they are putting out a longrange scope and have it fall short. The new BLACK FX1000 is defintely one you should take a look at before you spend a lot more $ somewhere else.

Hmmmm, I just sent my Leica rangefinder in for repair. Haven't been able to shoot long without it so I've been looking at backups. This thread came up and the new Nikon's look interesting. Can anyone confirm is the "beam" is stabilized as well as the optics? Also, a tall skinny beam instead of a short wide beam seems sort'a weird. At 1.8 mil tall and .25 mil wide, the dimensions seem bizarrely disproportionate. Could be good for ranging super models.

I was told the beam is stabilized. In the old 7iVR stabilized rangefinder you can feel the stabilization mechanism working.
IMG_0225.jpg

I have been looking at rangefinders. How do you think this new one compares to the built in one on their binos ? I am not worried about price since I get a discount.

I got to play around with Nikon's Laserforce rangfinding bino's at SHOT Show. I was impressed. Granted I did not get to use a pair outside but checking out the fit and function immpressed me. East to use, quick response to whatever you are ranging and the bino glass is outstanding. A buddy dropped by to check them out after buying a pair that cost more then 2X as much a year ago and he was not happy about his Euro purchase. It's one fo those items where if you can, take a look through them, see how they feel to you and then you'll see that they give you a lot of great feature's for a very fair price.

IMG_0209_1.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-18%20at%209.41.06%20AM.png

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.