Featured New Nikon 4K Rangefinder

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by xdHammar, Nov 4, 2018.

1. xdHammar

xdHammar Member

Does anyone have one of these yet? Any reviews?

2. NEMTHunter

NEMTHunter Well-Known Member

Have one but have not got it fully tested.

I will say this. I loves reflective targets. 2 miles is no sweat for it. Trees are intermittent. Sometimes its hard to get a reading @ 1500 yards and other times First click @ 2400 yards. Have not tested it much on game. But have ranges dear over 1k with it.

Just need to take the time to test it out completely.

xsn10s and BW64 like this.
  3. BW64

BW64 Well-Known Member

Same here. Lightning fast readouts. So far only been to 2400.

BW

4. KurtB

KurtB Well-Known Member

Son just bought this Nikon and so far really likes it a lot. So short term testing is going well and seems to get very good reads.

5. Classic12

Classic12 Active Member

Its a good buy for the price .

6. Stk

Stk Well-Known Member

For those who have bad both...how’s it compare to the sig 2000? Worth upgrading to it?

7. FIGJAM

FIGJAM Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I am interested in hearing what those who own one have to say as well. I have been eyeing this rangefinder for a few months. I have an older Leupold RX-1000i and want to upgrade to something that will reach out a little further. The Nikon 4k looked amazing on paper and especially for the price.

8. jb1023

jb1023 Well-Known Member

Another that is curious to see how this stacks up to the other comparably priced units such as the Kilo 2000/2200. I am currently using my late father-in-laws Bushnell 800, he used it for golf, which works to about 500 yds. I definitely need something better, preferably a mile as that is my shooting goal.

9. 86alaskan

86alaskan Well-Known Member

Tested mine next to a Sig Kilo 2200MR, the nikon readily ranged elk at about 2000yds, the sig topped out around a mile. The nikon seemed to have a clearer image and I like the nikon aiming reticle better. with them being about the same price, I'd probably go nikon 4k over the sig. the only gripe is the nikon doesn't have a tripod stud thread, so there is no way to mount it to a tripod without getting creative.

jb1023 likes this.
  10. alcesgigas

alcesgigas Well-Known Member

Ram Mounts has several options for mounting anything. I have at least two that would easily accommodate any rangefinder/binocular/spotter that we're likely to use. They (Ram ball mounts) are readily available from Amazon, maybe Len at Long Range Hunting, Sports Whse., and many "outdoor oriented" shops. Too, they're easily found on the Internet. In any event thanks for posting and good luck with the mount.

waterdog540 and jb1023 like this.
  11. jb1023

jb1023 Well-Known Member

I know this is not my threat but thank you, that is the type of info I am looking for.

waterdog540 likes this.
  12. Bman940

Bman940 Well-Known Member

I haven't used the 4K but Nikon's Vibration Reduction bino's are always in my hunting bag. Amazing when ranging from an idling UTV, windy hillside or treestand. They get the job done. Nikon's first Gen. VR rangefinder, 7iVR can be found for some decent prices too. Check out the MONARCH 3000 Stabilized if you are looking for a heck of a hunting rangefinder.