New barrel time ?

WYO300RUM

3 part question in no particular order.
I was hoping to get some input on how much does a new aftermarket barrel (ballpark) cost and in general the labor to install it.
I know this one I will get different answers but which barrel makers are best and which are good that aren't the most expensive ? Maybe 4 part question.
And last what normally is the amount of rounds through the barrel before accuracy starts going away ?
This is in a 26 in. Factory 300 Rum stainless barrel.
I don't know exactly how many rounds Ive shot it but I think less than 1000. Accuracy has started to go down hill a little with same loads. The rifling is not as sharp looking anymore either.
Thanks ahead again .

Any of the name brands are gonna be good. Some are gonna say cut rifled are the only way but theres a few button that are every bit as good. 325.00-350.00 is gonna be price range for the barrel. Depending on how the barrel was treated as far as life but if your getting close to that 1,000 round mark you could be very well have the good out of it.

Thanks L.Sherm .
What about 5 R rifling ? I know this is a redundant question . Maybe I should of just asked outright. What are the best barrels ? If there is such a thing. There a so many that I've heard about and seen mentioned on here. I know it's like asking what's the best trigger. Thanks.

Barrels run $300 to $360 unfluted. I like Hawk Hill but Bartlein, Brux, etc are all good. My smith is currently charging $285 to install. He has done good work for me. So figure $700 by the time shipping is paid. Good luck.

In stock and waiting to ship from bugholes.com or Hawk Hill direct. Smith takes 1-2 weeks. You can be up and running in less than 3 weeks.

I have rifles with barrels from Bartlein, Brux, Benchmark and Proof. All have been great and I would buy another without hesitation from those 4 manufacturers. Hawk hill, Rock Creek, Hart and Lilja are others I know guys shooting and all seem to like them and have good reputations.

3 part question in no particular order.
I was hoping to get some input on how much does a new aftermarket barrel (ballpark) cost and in general the labor to install it.
I know this one I will get different answers but which barrel makers are best and which are good that aren't the most expensive ? Maybe 4 part question.
And last what normally is the amount of rounds through the barrel before accuracy starts going away ?
This is in a 26 in. Factory 300 Rum stainless barrel.
I don't know exactly how many rounds Ive shot it but I think less than 1000. Accuracy has started to go down hill a little with same loads. The rifling is not as sharp looking anymore either.
Thanks ahead again .

Barrels run $300 to $360 unfluted. I like Hawk Hill but Bartlein, Brux, etc are all good. My smith is currently charging $285 to install. He has done good work for me. So figure $700 by the time shipping is paid. Good luck.

In stock and waiting to ship from bugholes.com or Hawk Hill direct. Smith takes 1-2 weeks. You can be up and running in less than 3 weeks.
That's great news and info. Thanks KurtB !

I have rifles with barrels from Bartlein, Brux, Benchmark and Proof. All have been great and I would buy another without hesitation from those 4 manufacturers. Hawk hill, Rock Creek, Hart and Lilja are others I know guys shooting and all seem to like them and have good reputations.
Ive only heard of the last two . And Bartlein a lot on this site. Thanks Buster !

Smith takes 1-2 weeks. You can be up and running in less than 3 weeks
That depends on the Smith you pick.
5R, I've never saw a difference between 4, 5 or 6 on bigger calibers that being said I do like 3G better in 17, 20 and 22 cal.
A good barrel is a good barrel. If your in a hurry get one from a name brand that your looking for and bugholes is a good place to start.

For the last several years I've been using E.R.Shaw barrels. They have produced top notch accuracy. Last one was in 2018. Stainless 24" including installation was about $400 . Your choice of length up to 26". I have barrels I've paid considerable more for but see no difference in accuracy. All are 416 stainless.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.