Time for a new cell phone.

Strelok is a Ballistic app that is a free download on Android smartphones. Put in all the standard data and get windage and range hold in most scope reticules. You can put in a number of cartridges, loads, and altitudes.

Jack

As of now apple products still have the upper hand on battery life by a decent margin over androids. Androids are closing the gap but they aren't there yet. They also seem to handle cold weather much better. For these 2 reasons I would get an apple product, iPhone or iTouch if you don't want the phone service option.

And Shooter is going to be really hard to beat. It is a really well thought out app and has all the features you would want.

HTH,

Scot E.

Just playing with it but so far I really like the Shooter program.I can tell already that an IPad is not going to be small or handy enough for actual hunting;but should be great at the range.Really like the ability to set wind speed at zero and be able to see effects of spin drift only.Now all I need is some game tags and some furry targets. Charles

Shooter is a great program by Litz. It has the best real BC database I have used. You can upload to the cloud and sync multiple devices such as iPad, iPhone! iPod. I have used ex ball for years now I am almost exclusively Shooter. Only downside is I have not figured out how to print range cards yet. Still need to Kerry Kestral when no data connection for atmospherics.

I found "shooter" app for android. It is $9.95. Does this sound right? I didn't download it, so I have no way to know if it is the real deal. Also, I just got the phone....I've never downloaded an "app" yet., so am a little cautious!!

Has anybody read the acknowledgement statement concerning the phone tracking requirement on the shooter program? Why does the program need to know where I am? Not crazy bout this....

Has anybody read the acknowledgement statement concerning the phone tracking requirement on the shooter program? Why does the program need to know where I am? Not crazy bout this....

So that it knows which is the closest weather station to query for data, and so that it knows your elevation using GPS.

If it bothers you then enter it all by hand.

I think they are tracking you to confiscate you firearm! Seriously though,most of the time I have to enter from my Kestral anyway, no ones a tracking mee's where I be at (uh, no cell service I mean) great program turn of the atmospherics if paranoid.

I have only used the I-phone 4s with Bullet flight and a Terrapin PLRf 05 and it is a combination that has been very accurate for me, so I haven't tried others. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.