New barrel for my 30-378

And it will still be grandpas stock action and rifle... Little tricks that help them are doing trigger spring trim, bedding.. most seem to move in stock without bedding... all the ones I fooled with shot the 215 bergers over 98grains of H1000 loaded to mag length well..This wasn't a screaming load but was accurate in everyone I tried it in Sub 1/2 and easy on brass... with the mods I stated above if your barrel isn't to worn You could probably get it to shoot...Dave

Ya I'm thinking of just working out the best load I can and trying to make it work as is and then after season when I have the time to do it correctly I'm considering going up to the 338 class because it seems barrel and brass life is much better
I am currently running a 338 lap ai. Nothing wrong with it, just not a top fuel dragster. I don't think anything runs with the 30-338 lap imp out past distances that most even here are willing to hunt.

Steve

Steve
Is there a place in Canada that I can purchase your bullets. I'd be interested in trying the 181 gr in my 30/378. Or any other that you would recomend with my 1/10 twist.
Range would be up to 600 - 700 yds.
TKS

Steve
Is there a place in Canada that I can purchase your bullets. I'd be interested in trying the 181 gr in my 30/378. Or any other that you would recomend with my 1/10 twist.
Range would be up to 600 - 700 yds.
TKS
I wish there was. Until the US gets rid of the export tax on firearms related products we are kinda stuck. I know we have other Canadians that have friends in the States that send them "gifts" and some others that come to the States and pick up orders at a convenient address.

It is a stupid rule that makes it hard for people in other countries to use stuff that is available here in the States and it is tough on small companies like ours because we just can't cope with the expense. The big companies don't have trouble sending a truck load at a time so it doesn't bother them. Then they don't have to compete with all the small companies.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.