New Barrel Break In

Geno22

Had a Hart barrel installed in a 700 rem, and was told to break it in proper. Well my ols a&& has never done this before an all that I ask other than calling Hart had a different way. What I am tring to say is I would appreciate the proper prosedure. It is a 260 heavy stainless. I do my own reloading and thanks to this site I have learned the rite way to reload. Thank you.

J E Custom

Had a Hart barrel installed in a 700 rem, and was told to break it in proper. Well my ols a&& has never done this before an all that I ask other than calling Hart had a different way. What I am tring to say is I would appreciate the proper prosedure. It is a 260 heavy stainless. I do my own reloading and thanks to this site I have learned the rite way to reload. Thank you.

I recomend the shoot and clean method for 8 to 10 rounds or untill the barrel cleans up with only a a few patches.

As you shoot you can feel the barrel getting smoother and fouling less.

The hart should break in with less than 15 shots.

It is a boring process but well worth it.

J E CUSTOM

Geno22

Thanks guys, got 15 rounds loaded up just in case. Will get after it as soon as the scope gets here. Im lucky in a way cause I can step out of my shop and shoot, don't have to worry about driving to the range.

Cowboybiker44

I recently bought two Savage rifles 22-250 & 17HMR. Savage had a barrel break in procedure on thier web site which I followed to the "T" for the first time ever. Both rifles are now tack drivers. The 22-250 shoots 2" groups at 300 yards.:)

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.