New action with to many caliber idea's!!??

Calfarmer

I just got a new stiller tac-338 action and can't decide really what I want to do with it?! I shoot a 338-378wby now and love it thought of doing another then thought of 30-378 but not sure then I was set on a 338 Allen express or a 338 lapua improved then figured why when I have so much knowledge and reloading stuff for 338-378!
Then I was wondering about m doing a 378wby mag and shoot the 350g matchkings!?
Anybody ever think of this or has done it? How will it perform? What kinda speed we looking at?? Punching some numbers and if I can get it going 2800 fps or more it will out perform the 338-378 energy wise at any distance.
If anybody has any ideas or info on this let me know!
Thank you!

not sure but would this fit the 408 chy-tac case. If so it would be awesome for a 338-408 which this might be the same as the 338 allen mag. But that would be a hot rod on crack. it would make anyone drool.:D

Ha that's prob the action I should have gotten! But no I don't think it will work on this set up. Stiller makes 408 sized action for that!
The Allen express is basically a 338 improved.

What about doing a 300 Allen Express ( ie. 30-338 Lapua Improved)

You can get 3200+fps out of a 230gr Berger, which has a G1 BC of .743, pretty easy and the new Nosler 210gr Long range Accubond is supposed to have a BC of .730 I think that new 210gr LR Accubond could near 3400fps, maybe more, and if it truly has a .730 BC that could be a pretty lethal combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.