New 6.5 Short Action Build

Jrin21

I'm going to possibly be building a new 6.5 short action for hunting purposes going for a light carry rifle . Going to be hunting deer mainly . What suggestions on caliber want to be around 3000 fps with the 142 grain hornady eldx. I was thinking the Sherman short or the saum but not sure if there was a round that was easier and cheaper to load for since I don't shoot a ton ??? Thanks in advance.gun)

6.5 Gap 4s (SAUM) given availability of brass and access to load data. You should have no problem acheiving velocity of 3000 ft/sec.

I'm having a 6.5 SAUM barreled action built by GAP for my chassis I'm making. Shot one at prairie dogs this summer and it was impressive.

I'm going to possibly be building a new 6.5 short action for hunting purposes going for a light carry rifle . Going to be hunting deer mainly . What suggestions on caliber want to be around 3000 fps with the 142 grain hornady eldx. I was thinking the Sherman short or the saum but not sure if there was a round that was easier and cheaper to load for since I don't shoot a ton ??? Thanks in advance.gun)
6.5x47 with the 123-130 class bullets fits your criteria mo better.....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts