New 300PRC build

MikeinLa

Looking to build a custom 300 PRC rifle for hunting. Will use a CarbonSix barrel (probably 22in) and i will use a suppressor. Looking for the best stock, action, and trigger. Don't think i want a chassis stock. Have looked at Manners, IOTA, Macmillan and HS. Looking at Timney trigger.
What are your suggestions for the best components and why?

Last edited:
What type of hunting and what distance are you looking to shoot?

What caliber?

Carry rifle for quick handling out to 400 is way different than only going to shoot off a rest across canyons

I like to start with what bullet weight and energy do i want to arrive with at my max distance. Then work backwards.

Best do it all stock is manners eh3, gunwerks Clymer types. But there are better quick handling stocks and better long range stocks.

Trigger tech diamond

Bat vesper or impact nbk.

There's no way to know except buy the ticket and take the ride. There are so many high quality components available right now pretty much anything you choose that's not made by a brand carried in a big store chain has the potential to be exceptional.

I just did a rifle this week. Defiance Anti-X, Grayboe Trekker, Trigger Tech Special, (I used a 20" Proof Carbon Ruckus pre-fit in 308 Win), M5 bottom metal with an MDT mag, and Leupold VX5-HD scope. All dropped in together in about 20 minutes. Weighs a (somewhat disappointing) 7lb 8 oz fully scoped before TBAC Ultra 7, was hoping for 7lb flat.

Why that stuff? Because it's all worked for me before (except the Greyboe for which this is the first time trying them out). I'm not big on reinventing the wheel, so when something works I stay with it longer than maybe I should.

Defiance Anti and proof are a couple of the best options. The easy button would be to buy my barreled action in the classifieds and dump it in a manners LRH with a bix n andy trigger and go kill stuff! 😜

What caliber?

Carry rifle for quick handling out to 400 is way different than only going to shoot off a rest across canyons

I like to start with what bullet weight and energy do i want to arrive with at my max distance. Then work backwards.

Best do it all stock is manners eh3, gunwerks Clymer types. But there are better quick handling stocks and better long range stocks.

Trigger tech diamond

The name of thread is New 300 PRC build but you ask what Caliber .

Last edited:

What caliber?

Trigger tech diamond

300PRC. Large game more than 500 yards. Shooting off sticks

What caliber?

Trigger tech diamond

Have a Rifles, Inc. 300 Win, 5lb rifle for carrying up mountains and quick handling.

Manners LRH stock - adjustable, can get with chassis so no bedding needed. If you don't like it can sell it for little loss if any since it isn't bedded.

Impact nbk- bomb proof and reasonably priced of all the premium actions with strong pre-fit support.

Trigger tech diamond- is better than the special, especially at lower trigger weights

Unknownmunitions.com bottom metal. Quieter than hawkins.

I've got Defiance actions there good actions but since Beck bought it snd raised the price i would buy a Bat first.
The Kauger SST with nitride is 950.00 thats a good buy.

Looking to build a custom 300 PRC rifle for hunting. Will use a CarbonSix barrel (probably 22in) and i will use a suppressor. Looking for the best stock, action, and trigger. Don't think i want a chassis stock. Have looked at Manners, IOTA, Macmillan and HS. Looking at Timney trigger.
I put a jewel trigger on a build and love it. It's feels better than the trigger tech and timney I have in other rifles.

Take a look at the Iota stocks. I own a few and really like them. TriggerTech trigger for me. Also my 300 PRC improved was built on a Gunwerks action. They are good actions and at a great price right now. 800.00 I think.

Take a look at the Iota stocks. I own a few and really like them. TriggerTech trigger for me. Also my 300 PRC improved was built on a Gunwerks action. They are good actions and at a great price right now. 800.00 I think.
Looked at Iota. Would like to hold one. Held GRS, felt great but I question quality. Held Manners, it was nice. Gunsmith likes Iota