New 300 Winchester magnum

The Sendero,because the M-700 is the most custimised of all comercial actions and when that barrel is toast any smith worth his salt can build an extremely accurate rig with that action,and the stock ain't bad either

I suggest the 300 WM 5r tactical 26" in the Rem 700 very sweet rifle

Rem 700 because of so many aftermarket parts for it

Go for the sendero! Better stock, longer barrel 26'(!!) and no issues with the recoil - lugs. That's something Tikkas and Sakos sometimes are suffering of, especially if you are using a more powerfull calibre than 308W more frequently. gun)

Good choice
Much better rifle

My load

H1000 @ 77.1
220 Sierra MK
Fed 210 M
FC military Brass
Sweet load

Youngest son bought a used Rem 700 in that caliber. Stainless/ synthetic with a pathetic factory scope. Cleaned it before the first range session and maybe three wet patches and the barrel was clean. The <2" eye relief of the scope slammed both of us every shot so that would explain it showing up on the used gun rack almost unfired.

New 3-9 X 50mm scope and rings and that gun is amazing! Have a friend with a Tikka in 7mm RemMag and it is nice but bottom line: "A Tikka and Rem 700 show up at the local used gun rack..." The Remington 700 goes home with me.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.