New 300 win. Mag. Need your input

Sargesniper

Any one ever used PPU Brass? Saw it at Cabelas today at a very reasonable price. What would you compare it to? Good or not so good? This is a new unfired rifle i purchased today.

Any one ever used PPU Brass? Saw it at Cabelas today at a very reasonable price. What would you compare it to? Good or not so good? This is a new unfired rifle i purchased today.
No one in the shooting world using this brass? Makes me wonder how they are in the business of making it. Guess i will be the guinea pig on this. I am going to try it.

Can't say I'm familiar with PPU brass. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

What bullet are you planning to shoot? the berger 215 and 230grain hybrids produce fantastic results in 300winmag.

I can't speak for the ones you have but I have limited experience with PPU (Prvi Partizan) in .270 Win brass with very good results.

Guess you and I will be the only ones using this brass once I get mine from Cabelas. It may be a while before the rifle come together. It is bare as I write. Just got It yesterday and still planning on mounts, scope, and a few other things. Once it is shooting I will let you know how the brass does.

I will start off with 190 Sierra MK's as I have a few left from a 30/06 loading. Probably will stay with SMK's as they are cheaper than the Bergers. I am hoping Sierra will extend the TMK to the 190 gr. They are testing the waters right now with 168 and 175 gr. I think.Once proven they would be wise to flood the market with all calibers especially 6,6.5 and 7 mm. Time will tell. I personally think they have a winner.

I have some ppu brass for my 300 win mag.
Brass is quite nice it weighs a little more than nosler brass. Can get the same velocity with 2 grains less powder.
Weight is fairly consistant. Looks way better than remington brass. The stuff I got wasn't all beat up and deformed like most of the other bulk brass you get.
They are also annealed.
They are consistent for shooting in mine I was using h1000 and a 215 berger at just over 3000 fps.
Plus if you can get some it's way better than waiting for other kinds you can't get.

I have some ppu brass for my 300 win mag.
Brass is quite nice it weighs a little more than nosler brass. Can get the same velocity with 2 grains less powder.
Weight is fairly consistant. Looks way better than remington brass. The stuff I got wasn't all beat up and deformed like most of the other bulk brass you get.
They are also annealed.
They are consistent for shooting in mine I was using h1000 and a 215 berger at just over 3000 fps.
Plus if you can get some it's way better than waiting for other kinds you can't get.

What rifle, barrel and length are you shooting?
Mine is the 700 long range with the M-40 B&C stock. No brake on it as of yet. Found it at the local Cabelas store here tax and all was a little over $800.00. I have a few 700's factory barreled that shoot well. This particular one has a very smooth bore, more-so than any of the others. Won't take much lapping on this one. Hoping this is a plus.

Don't have dies yet as I am just starting out with this one. Haven't decided on powder or primers. Primers can be a problem as well as powder. I mostly shoot .308 and .260. Powder won't be as big a deal as primers will. Mag. Primers especially Fed. are kind of scarce.

I bought 200 pieces and have loaded all of it once. Seems fine and Cheyennes appraisal of it matches my findings. Getting 3160fps with R26 or 4000MR and 180 AB's.

Rifle is a custom. Stiller tac 300 action,brux number 3 barrel 26 inches long, plus the brake, manners eh1 carbon fibre stock in midnight camo.
Thing shoots very well.

Rifle is a custom. Stiller tac 300 action,brux number 3 barrel 26 inches long, plus the brake, manners eh1 carbon fibre stock in midnight camo.
Thing shoots very well.

Very nice rifle. I went the poor mans way. 700 Rem. Long Range from Cabelas. This is my first belted cartridge so i will start slow and feel the rifle out. I am a big fan of .308 and .260. Loaded for .308 for many years and never was a fan of belts on a case. Always thought that belts were for holding up my pants. Changing in my old age i suppose.

I will start off with 190 Sierra MK's as I have a few left from a 30/06 loading. Probably will stay with SMK's as they are cheaper than the Bergers. I am hoping Sierra will extend the TMK to the 190 gr. They are testing the waters right now with 168 and 175 gr. I think.Once proven they would be wise to flood the market with all calibers especially 6,6.5 and 7 mm. Time will tell. I personally think they have a winner.

Understand the wallet issue but shooting 190s sure is giving a lot back in performance when put up against the 215+ grain bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.