need input on my 300 WM load

I wouldn't give up on the 200 Hornady ELD-x. Powder selection and velocity does seem to make a difference in results. I have found my best results running them in the 2850-2900 FPS range in my 24" Remington 700 Milspec using H1000 and Retumbo, with 79gr of Retumbo generating about 50-75 FPS greater velocity. This group was shot at 200 yards.

I also use Retumbo with both the Hornady 212gr ELD-X and with 215gr Berger Hybrids. Both are typically shooting @ 1/2 MOA 5 round groups with velocitys @ 2,820 fps out of several of my 300 Win Mags with 26" to 28" barrels but, man does Retumbo burn dirty! My experience with Retumbo is that it isn't too temperature sensitive between 95°F and 34°F here in NE FL. Only seen @ 70 fps SD between those temperatures.

Same bullets, same rifles used with Alliant Reloder 23 (RL-23) shoots very clean with significantly less temperature sensitivity and just a little more accurate but, velocities lag @ 80 fps from Retumbo's velocities at similar temperatures. I still usually shoot the RL-23 loads most often.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.