New 30 Cal Build

horse killer

I am in the process of putting a 30 Cal build together . I will be using this for local long range shoots out to 1 .5 mile and for elk hunting when I do not have to pack it around I have places that I can set up for long range shots. I think my build will consist of a Kelbly Atlas Tactical action Bartline 1/9 twist spiral fluted heavy Palma barrel AG adjustable hunter stock Bix and Andy trigger Hawkins BDL bottom metal Area 419 sidewinder self timing break top off by a Kahles K624I. Want to chamber it in 300 Norma Improved. All I need is a reamer not sure how to go about getting one . Looking at a 35 degree shoulder. Any suggestions or changes to the build would be apricated.

I am in the process of putting a 30 Cal build together . I will be using this for local long range shoots out to 1 .5 mile and for elk hunting when I do not have to pack it around I have places that I can set up for long range shots. I think my build will consist of a Kelbly Atlas Tactical action Bartline 1/9 twist spiral fluted heavy Palma barrel AG adjustable hunter stock Bix and Andy trigger Hawkins BDL bottom metal Area 419 sidewinder self timing break top off by a Kahles K624I. Want to chamber it in 300 Norma Improved. All I need is a reamer not sure how to go about getting one . Looking at a 35 degree shoulder. Any suggestions or changes to the build would be apricated.
How much volume do you plan to shoot? I have a 300nmi by Ryan Pierce, 33° shoulder 1:9 proof, kelbly manners eh1 Hawkins bdl just like your describing, it's an absolute hammer. He's one the top smith's in the biz and I recommend him highly. Shooting out to 2500y, depending on altitude, you're going to need a lot of velocity to keep supersonic, and twist will be your friend when things slow down way out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.