Needing a 7 SAUM Reamer

Tmccoy

I'm getting into a bind and need some help. I've had plans for building this rifle primarily for a hunt out west next year. Have a nice defiance action, bartlein barrel, Jewell trigger, just waiting on my mcmillan stock. I had plans to just have a reamer made, mainly wanting throated for accubonds in the 140-175 range. The action is an XM length, so will handle out to 3.25" OAL, so I want to take advantage of that and not seat the bullets way back. But just got fairly short notice that I have to move out of state, and will have to strip down and move my machinery before I could get a reamer ground. Not even having bought another house yet, it could be next summer before I get my shop up and running again. I could get a stock PTG reamer from Grizzly, but don't want to have to re throat it later since that freebore is way way shorter than needed.

Would anyone have a reamer with freebore in the range of 0.175-0.220 that they would lend, rent, or sell? I'd just really like to get it barreled before I have to leave. Don't think I could stand to stare at this beautiful receiver in the box till next year!!!

Thanks,
Travis

What about buying the Grizzly reamer and then ordering a 7mm throating reamer from PTG? They might have the throating reamer in stock ready to go. I see Grizzly has a 7mm uni throating tool but don't know much about it. I realize this is more expensive. This way you could get the barrel chambered before you move.

You could more easily sell the 7 SAUM reamer if it used the standard throating.

Yeah, that's my last resort. Besides that using a throating reamer just inherently can't be as consistent as a complete reamer. If I can't find anything, that'll have to do

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.