Need your ideas for lightweight edge build

Ddwarren

Alright guys, time to build a new rifle and need your input. I already have a DE built 338 edge with a nightforce 5.5x22x56 seekins detachable mag hart barrell DE break etc etc.

I traded for some parts from another guy and want to build a lightweight edge. The package came with a 30" Hart barrell in 338 edge, DE break, timney trigger, no bolt and a HS stock.

I am not married to any of the above. I would consider a carbon wrapped barrell but have no experience with them.

The goal is light and accurate. I can handle some kick. I dont want to spend 10K but dont mind spending as much as I did on the first edge. The first hunt will be this spring in Africa and then elk, deer and antelope in Montana next fall.

Be creative lightbulb and let me have it! Thanks
Dev

Without hesitation I would suggest that you have Shawn and Bob build you a "Sheephunter" in a 338 edge.

I had them build one for me last spring and it is all you could ever hope for in a light weight tack driver. Its weighs in at 8 lbs 3 ounces with NF 2.5 x 10 x 32, mounts, level and ACI. I think they could shave a few more ounces off the action if you asked them to.

Specs: Rem 700 action, hart 28" #4 fluted, Mcmillan "edge fill" hunter stock, factory bottom metal, DE brake,factory trigger at 2#

We shot it out to 1647 yards at their advanced class and held MOA without a problem.

If you already have one of their rifles you know the level of precision they offer.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.