6.5 build ideas.

oldfamily

Got 2 Krieger barrels that don't know what I really want to build on. One is a 5plus 1 in 7 twist and the other is a m24 5r 1 in 8 twist. Already have a creed and have a 260 ackley, and have several long actions and short action remingtons. Thinking of maybe a 26 nosler, just want something that adds a little more than what I already got, not be close to or equal to.

ShootMo

Any specific purposes that you could fill with a new 6.5? Maybe if there were a niche to fill, it would help define what the rifle could be?

A 26 Nosler would be fun to play with.

Bill Cauley Jr

Formerly 'unclewilly'
LRH Team Member
Got 2 Krieger barrels that don't know what I really want to build on. One is a 5plus 1 in 7 twist and the other is a m24 5r 1 in 8 twist. Already have a creed and have a 260 ackley, and have several long actions and short action remingtons. Thinking of maybe a 26 nosler, just want something that adds a little more than what I already got, not be close to or equal to.
6.5x284 Norma!

Reactions: wbm

oldfamily

I do reload for everything that I have. Want something that is a jump up from what I have currently. Getting 3020 fps with my 260 ackley and have looked at the 6.5x284 just don't see anything that I don't have already. I have both long and short actions for builds, and not worried about making a short action cartridge on a long action. THE 6.5 X 300 Weatherby would not do anything my stw will not do so don't really see the point. Bolt faces can be opened up if needed and I have just about every kind of powder that would work for these rifles. Rifle would be used for just about anything I wanted to do with it, and I hunt out of a blind so don't really care if it is heavy or not.

BEEMAN

Have you looked at the Sherman lineup? The shorts have ADG brass available. You will need a magnum bolt face for these. I have a LA 6.5 Sherman based on the 270 Win. With a max load of N570 it drives a 140 Berger at 3339 FPS out of a 28” Hart.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce