Need Some Advice-.270wsm, .300wsm, 7mmRUM

This is all good advice, Ive been looking at other forums ive joined and everyone that has replied are supporting the 300 wsm. This is the rifle i was leaning more torward due to the fading out of the .7mm wsm which before today i figured was superior but it now seems i stand corrected. The next step is to find the best manufacturer. Ive compared the Browning A bolt and the Savage American Classic and due to quality and that the Browning holds 3 vs the Savages 2 rounds and its not a wsm, I chose Browning 300wsm. Is there a better made rifle?

Browning Xbolt, 300wsm, awewome rifle, but best bang for your buck new Weatherby S2 stainless, accurate, heavy enough that you wont need a brake but not so heavy that you will hate carrying it, MOA out of the box, put a good zeiss conquest 3-10 on that puppy and your good to go:D

300wsm, it is truly the new 3006, but wheras the 06 is dropping off at 400 your 300wsm is still moving. You can use a 150 grain TTSX or BST for deer/antelop/sheep/goats and shoot flatter than the other calibers less the 300 RUM it is about an inch flatter but will beat the **** out of you unless you have a 12# rifle which is zero fun. the 180 grain for bear/Elk/Moose and you have it all covered. Yes its sexy to have a 257 roberts for goats, 3006 for deer, 300 for elk, but one gun, one caliber makes you a deadly dude.gun)
Yep on the 30 mags being the new '06. They are 300 fps or more faster than the '06 and have enough boiler room to pitch a LOT more bullet to usable speed. They really don't recoil much more than the standard '06 until you get into the ultra, etc.. I've got a 300 rum in lh bdl that weighs in at 9# scoped, but it sure isn't for everyone as it flat will punch you(1/2" 100 yard groups though). The stw hits with as much energy as the 300 win/short win and has flatter trajectory, but is is a 7mm and no one is really chambering it, so it isn't for everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.