Need help with an optic for cz527 7.62x39

RayRayMoney

Hey yall!

Hoping to crowdsource some help with a scope decision for a new rifle I picked up recently - a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 with an 18" threaded barrel.

Primary uses: deer and hog hunting, punching paper/plinking for fun. Given the caliber limitations I don't see ever hunting beyond 150-200yrd but likely 150 and in and I don't have access to a long distance range so presume most plinking 100-150 yards.

I DO plan on testing on some suppressed loads and I'm interested in potentially reloading for same (the only current factory loads available are Hornady 225gr and they run ~$1.80/rd).

I'm THINK I'm looking for something with a bottom end in the 1.5-2X range and I don't see a lot of utility for anything above 12-15x.

Ideallyy I'd like to keep the price under $1K but could stretch to maybe $1500+. In an ideal world I'd pick up something like like a March 1.5-15x but the cheapest demo or used I can find is about $2k.

I'm an admitted glass snob and I'm fine paying more for glass than I did the rifle but I also recognize the inherent limitations of the caliber.

Ive looked at used S&B PMI dot2, leupold 2-10, used or new Swarovski 2.5-12 etc.

What should I consider, what have I not looked at that I should? Anyone using the March 1.5-15x that can speak to how amazing or not it is?

Cheers,

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 24
2-7x32
2-10x40
3-9x40

I have that rifle in the carbine model with a 3x9 on it. It is plenty of scope for the range that round is capable of. Mine specifically is the now discontinued Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 with Accurange reticle.

I have the same rifle. It presently has a 1.5 - 5 x Leupold Vari III scope on it. I will soon remove the Leupold and install a Spina, they are the best optics to ever come out of China. I have 11 so far and another one on the way. The most expensive one cost just under $200 Canadian.

Chinese scopes have come a long way in recent years.

Side adjustable parallax and FFP for $100, the glass is excellent.
IMG_5917.JPG
IMG_5918.JPG

I have the Athlon Helos Gen 2 2-12x42 scopes on five of my hunting bolt actions. I am sold on this scope as a reasonable weight FFP scope for general hunting purposes. I just picked up a Howa Mini in 7.62x39 and am seriously considering ordering another one for it.

I ended up putting a Steiner Predator 8 2-16x42mm on it because I got a screaming deal on it but I've heard awesome stuff about Helos. At point I still want to find a deal on the March 1.5-15x because it's short enough it doesn't need to clear the fixed rear sight in the CZ.

swaro z3 3-9x36, tiny scope on tiny action.
be careful of 10x mag factor scopes, even nice ones seem to get ugly on the higher magnification. that said the march has a bunch of cool features. really like the dual focal plane