NEED HELP! w/ Girlfriends Gun. 300 WSM

These are some of my loads for heavier bullets.

208 A-max
RL17- 65.0grns
F210 primer
Win Brass

200SMK
RL17-65.5grns
F210 primer
Win Brass

210 Berger
H4350-62.5grns
F210 primer
Win Brass

All of these loads produced sub MOA groups at 100yards. The top load with the 208's produced sub MOA to 200yrds. Never got a chance to go further because my barrel took a crap on me.

Tank

You still haven't said what distance it will be used for. As stated the lighter bullets might be fine. What size groups are you shooting with each of the bullets you have tried? Some bullets handle the jump better than others. Just my findings and .02 All the 300wsm's I've owned and shot liked 175 smks and H-4350.

She can make shots with the reticle out to 400 yards. Again, it's just deer but I want something that's going to smack pretty hard.

That's why I'm sticking to 150-165gr area. She's not shooting that long but enough to do it.

She can make shots with the reticle out to 400 yards. Again, it's just deer but I want something that's going to smack pretty hard.

That's why I'm sticking to 150-165gr area. She's not shooting that long but enough to do it.

The 165 SST's would be an awesome bullet for this application. It is expansion controlled and proves to offer target bullet like accuracy. A 155 SMK Palma, 168 SMK would also be another option. All these bullets would move with a quickness and hit very hard at the velocities you will be able to push them at with the 300WSM.

Tank

For what it is worth my Savage mod.11 300wsm did not like the 165 or 168 gr bullets barnes,berger or sierra, but shoots very well with berger 175 s and 190 s .

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.