Need chart showing avg. inches to bracket game animals torso's for ranging purposes

Cool..............anyone else.............

or maybe a link to such info.................For the Whitetail, is that a buck...... large one? In TX, we have some medium sized WT, 180 lbs on the hoof for a big buck (South TX). How about Mulies?

thx
Jordan

um yeah, +1 on the LRF...

unless you've extensive background in manual raging techniques.. good luck...

I have a Leica 1200 scan model, but am only able to range elk sized animals reliably out to about 500 yards with it.........I can get about 8-900 yard readings with it on a Very Large Boulder or tree............but, when I have no great reflective object, from 600 yards on, it is useless...........I want to use my NP-R1 reticle to range these bulls out to 800+ yards, so that is why I need to know the torso size...............anyone have a suggestion on a better rangefinder or more sizes for torsos, I'm all ears. Will the Swarovski 1500 range an elk sized target, using the elk for reflection, out past 800-1000yds?????????

Will the Swarovski 1500 range an elk sized target, using the elk for reflection, out past 800-1000yds?????????

I have used the Leica and the Swarovski side by side for several months, 2 years ago and I kept the Swarovski.. I have ranged Elk with mine at 1800 plus yards...........
thumb.gif

Are you kidding? Just using the elks body as a reflective target? Or using a huge boulder? That is awesome.......... May have to take a $400 hicky and upgrade if so...........
thx
jordan

I have ranged Elk past 1200 yards reliably with the swaro... Sell the little black box and step over to the green side....

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.