Need a new first aid kit.

C-130 Dude

It's been years since I updated my first aid kit. There have been lots of FAK improvements in the past few years. Now I don't go hunting often anymore, but I still need one for the occasional (rare) hunting foray and for range use. With shooting steel more common these days, target splashback can, and will, cause serious injuries. I saw one recently and prompted this thread.

What do you guys feel is required in any FAK for shooting/hunting? Budget is commensurate with usefulness. I am particularly looking at complete store bought kits, not DIY. STOMP kits need not apply.

I just like to have a tourniquet and supplies to treat a gsw and puncture. I always have a kit in the truck and throw it in the ruck when I go out.

Tourniquet
Hemostatic gauz
H bandage
Chest seal
Duct tape

Think that will have you covered for major events.
Any thoughts on an Israeli Bandage and wound seal powder added on?

Any thoughts on an Israeli Bandage and wound seal powder added on?

That just appears to be a version of the H bandage. I've heard good and bad about the powders. I've used quick clot. I still have a bunch stashed. I'd use it. I'm just trying to stay alive if something crazy happens. Hospital can take over from there. I'm sure someone with more technical knowledge can pipe in on that.

I like the kits from Dark Angel Medical, but still have an Amazon self-assembled kit in my shooting bag.

Israeli bandage is basically the pad from an H on an ace bandage. Does triple duty as absorption, compression, and can be used for splinting. I carry two plus a Sam Splint with me in the mountains, works on arms and legs a whole lot better than sticks.

I like the kits from Dark Angel Medical, but still have an Amazon self-assembled kit in my shooting bag.

Israeli bandage is basically the pad from an H on an ace bandage. Does triple duty as absorption, compression, and can be used for splinting. I carry two plus a Sam Splint with me in the mountains, works on arms and legs a whole lot better than sticks.
Thanks.

We have several Kits that we use.
Always have a generic First Aid, Snake Bite Bee/Spider Bite sting kit, and THEN a God Forbid breaking open the Trauma Kit.
One of everything in our Range Bag and also Hunting pack.
I could look up the break down of everything included. I made the Medic Kits up rather than buying kits.
I made up Trauma Kits for Stations at our Shooting Club.
Never go to the Range or Hunting without.
Also have Kits in Both Vehicles.
Yes Trauma Kits are $$$, but you would want the best if it was you that needed it!
You need to know about Blood Clot Powders and Bandages with the Powder inside. There are issues with using certain types of Blood Clot materials. You should consult a qualified Medic for use.

We have several Kits that we use.
Always have a generic First Aid, Snake Bite Bee/Spider Bite sting kit, and THEN a God Forbid breaking open the Trauma Kit.
One of everything in our Range Bag and also Hunting pack.
I could look up the break down of everything included. I made the Medic Kits up rather than buying kits.
I made up Trauma Kits for Stations at our Shooting Club.
Never go to the Range or Hunting without.
Also have Kits in Both Vehicles.
Yes Trauma Kits are $$$, but you would want the best if it was you that needed it!
You need to know about Blood Clot Powders and Bandages with the Powder inside. There are issues with using certain types of Blood Clot materials. You should consult a qualified Medic for use.
Good info, thanks. I want to do it right. Too old not to.

I've always done DIY because every kit I ever used held stuff that was useless and never enough of what I needed. I used to carry a 4oz bottle of betadine in my kit but stopped doing so because of its bulk. Could have used it a few weeks ago when i cut myself on some brush in the coastal range. Didn't clean it well enough and it turned into cellulitis. The doc put me on 1000mg of abx for 10 days.
Guess what's back in my kit!

It's been years since I updated my first aid kit. There have been lots of FAK improvements in the past few years. Now I don't go hunting often anymore, but I still need one for the occasional (rare) hunting foray and for range use. With shooting steel more common these days, target splashback can, and will, cause serious injuries. I saw one recently and prompted this thread.

What do you guys feel is required in any FAK for shooting/hunting? Budget is commensurate with usefulness. I am particularly looking at complete store bought kits, not DIY. STOMP kits need not apply.
For you guys that are also looking, I found this helpful guide. Good stuff, take a look: