Prone shooting aid

rharfo

Has anyone used the Huskemaw shooting rest with leather top attached? It adjust from 7-24 inches. Also what rear rest are you using. Need to get my kid set up for a upcoming antelope hunt.

While I have always used a Harris Bi-pod, I see no reason why the Huskemaw front rest wouldn't work too.

I used to use a small bag that Triad offers. https://www.triadtactical.com/FTW-rear-bag.html

Last year I bought a Bi-pod buddy and really like it. I got the big buddy.
When I called the manufacturer and asked questions, he took the time to explain any questions I had.

Big Buddy

Be sure to watch the video, then practice with it. I think it makes a great rear rest. I used it last year to kill my coues wt a bit over 500 yds.

I don't know about you, but this big buddy seems like a very versatile rear rest. I've never seen or heard of it before. Very simple idea, I like it! Might just have to give this a try.

I have the Lil Buddy and it really works for me ...

P5302437_zps219faded.jpg

For about the same money look at these: Home - PRECISION RIFLE SOLUTIONS, LLC

I have the medium and large tripods. You get 6-43" w/medium and 7-63" w/large instead of 7-24" with the Huskemaw. Of course there are going to be tradeoffs, larger equals heavier in most cases. Not much in this case. Plus the higher you get the posibility of being less stable.
I would just rather get more performance for my money.
I suggested these for a front rest, though I have used them in conjunction as front and rear rests. The bipod buddy seems like a viable rear rest, however I also make my own medium shooting sticks for about $6.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.