Need a bomb proof set of rings for picatinny rail

odoylerules

I'm building a 7-300wm on a defiant hunter action with the 20 MOA integrated rail. I'm putting a Bushnell DMR2 scope on it. What would be your opinions on the best rings i can use? And what height? Thanks

Last edited:
For rings, I've been absolutely impressed with Seekins Precision. They are light, low profile and strong. If you're interested, I know of a place you can get a new set for around $106. For height, what is the obj size of the scope and the contour of your barrel? I use Seekins Lows .82" height for my 30mm scopes with 50mm objs on rifles with sporter contours up through the Proof 338 Sendero profiles.

52mm objs require around .90 height and 56mm objs require around 1.00" height on most sporter contour barrels.

For rings, I've been absolutely impressed with Seekins Precision. They are light, low profile and strong. If you're interested, I know of a place you can get a new set for around $106. For height, what is the obj size of the scope and the contour of your barrel? I use Seekins Lows .82" height for my 30mm scopes with 50mm objs on rifles with sporter contours up through the Proof 338 Sendero profiles.

52mm objs require around .90 height and 56mm objs require around 1.00" height on most sporter contour barrels.
I'm doing a proof sendero and the DMR2 has a 50mm objective

I'm doing a proof sendero and the DMR2 has a 50mm objective

Sendero or Sendero lite? Nonetheless, I'm betting you could get away with Low (.82") height. I run the Lows on a Proof 338 contour and Rem Sendero contour Krieger both with 20 MOA rails and Vortex AMG 6-24x50mm.

Check out the Alpha Mounts from Near Manufacturing. Actually, just call Richard Near and he'll get you exactly what you need. They're not cheap but they are precision made and totally bomb proof. I have them on 3 rifles (338 Lapua, 300 WSM and & STW). I won't buy any other rings/mounts now that I've had these.

I'm running the Burris XTR's. They're pretty much indestructible. I would hesitate to go with the signature XTR'S either.

For rock solid rings I would suggest:
( in order of solid )
1. Spuhr mount
2. Badger steel rings
3. Nightforce or Seekins

I've had good luck with mark 4 rings have 3 sets of them. But rings from badger ordinance, seekins, near manufacturing are all top quality two piece rings. And spuhr mounts are probably a step above them in strength

I haven't had any problems with my Burris XTRs. I've been using them for 5 or 6 years now. The Seekins look nice but I'm not sure they are three times the price nice?

Edit: My bad, double the price not triple.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.