30mm Rings for a Picatinny Rail

TX COWDOC

For years I've used NEAR MFR one piece bases (usually 30MOA) for Weatherby and Remington actions. Richard has gone away from basic rings to promote his direct-mount. I've also used Murphy Precision rings as well which have been just as good. Seems those are hard to come by as well.

What are your recommendations for 30mm rings? Scope is a NF NXS 5.5-22X56. Rifle is 7mm STW with a one-piece base already mounted.

Thanks in advance!

TX COWDOC

Hawkins rings have the level integrated into the rings, but they run around $150.

Seekins/Vortex precision matched rings are great, they usually run around $110, but can be found for $75-90 used.

I use SPUHR, TPS TSR rings, or Nightforce depending on the rifle. I have had good luck with all of them.

I've got Near Mfg Alpha Mounts on 3 of my rifles and they are great. So has he stopped making these or just the basic rings??
I have NF rings with a Near picatinny rail on my 7 STW and have had no issues. I think they are very good rings. Badger Ordinance or Seekins make fine products, too

Since we are asking about the mounts, I would love some suggestions on a pic rail for a 300 Weatherby Mark V (jap), I really like the look of the Seekins Rings, and may go with them over the Leupold just for something different vs whats on all my other rifles, but I am having issues finding a base for my rifle in seekins. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Since we are asking about the mounts, I would love some suggestions on a pic rail for a 300 Weatherby Mark V (jap), I really like the look of the Seekins Rings, and may go with them over the Leupold just for something different vs whats on all my other rifles, but I am having issues finding a base for my rifle in seekins. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

NEAR MFG

WWW.SCOPEBASES.COM

Like most mentioned above as well but one of my favorite rings are the American Rifle Company m10 ones. Have never had scope slip, no marks from mounting and easy to level reticle as it doesn't require the cross pattern torque.

Ty all for the advice!! I have never seen the American Rifle Rings, but I really like the look, very interested in that, wonder how they stack up to say Leupold Mark 4 rings, Seekins or say The Near MfG, I will probably be getting the 10 MOA rail from Near.

Last edited:
To be clear seekins etc are very good, but in my opinion I prefer the arc m10 ones. You can generally find some used if you want to try them on various long range forums. They tend to run a bit more than seekins though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.