Picatinny Rail n Rings for Sendero?

MontanaRifleman

I'll be mounting a 5.5-22x50 NSX on a Sendro 300 Ultra (Rem 700 LA). couple of questions....

Are the .85 Nightforce rings (using a 20 MOA rail) high enough to provide clearance for scope and barrel?

I've seen Millet and EGW rails on the internet for about $40 which is a lot less than some others such as NF, etc.

Which should I go with and why?

Thanks,

-MR

The .850" rings will work with the Sendero contour barrel.
The Millett rings and EGW base will suffice, it's all a matter of personal preference.

+1 on what Joel said. I would also look at TPS rings. Seem to be very good quality at about half the price on Nightforce.

Nightforce rings and base are much better than the TPS and other rings in that price range. We did sell TPS but I was not 100% happy with them (had clamping and tube damage issues). The best rings at a low cost I found were Acculock but he is not making them anymore but even them I had to lap. With Nightforce, Badger, and Seekins 99.99% of the time I do not have to lap the rings and if I do it tends to be due to the base not being a Nightforce, Badger, or Seekins.

The rings you would have gotten made by Nightforce would have been 0.885" center height you could have gotten a little lower with the Badger 0.823" center height but if you went to a bigger barrel latter then it could have been an issue.

Mike @ CSGW

Nightforce rings and base are much better than the TPS and other rings in that price range. We did sell TPS but I was not 100% happy with them (had clamping and tube damage issues). The best rings at a low cost I found were Acculock but he is not making them anymore but even them I had to lap. With Nightforce, Badger, and Seekins 99.99% of the time I do not have to lap the rings and if I do it tends to be due to the base not being a Nightforce, Badger, or Seekins.

The rings you would have gotten made by Nightforce would have been 0.885" center height you could have gotten a little lower with the Badger 0.823" center height but if you went to a bigger barrel latter then it could have been an issue.

Mike @ CSGW

I am definitely getting NF steel rings so I can mount their anti-cant bubble level top ring.

My question is, are EGW or Millet picatinny rail bases good products at around $40 vs NF rail base @ $114. If you think that getting the other cheaper rails might lead to lapping the rings, then I'll go with the NF base because I do not want to have to lap the rings if I can avoid it.

Thanks for the feedback,

-MR

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.