neck lube in Forster ultra seater

Imperial dry neck lube is nothing more than powdered graphite and graphite is finely ground carbon. I wet tumble my cases and use Imperial dry neck lube inside my case necks when sizing my cases. And the expander smears a fresh coating of carbon inside the neck that was removed during wet tumbling. And as stated above the carbon prevents the cold welding of the bullet and case neck.

CH3epH9.jpg

Yes, but I don't like GRAPHITE on the OUTSIDE of my necks.........hence the nylon brush works fantastic!

Cheers.

Just remember what the reloading manuals tell you to do and wipe the case shoulder and neck off before sizing and remove any excess lube off. If you do this there won't be any graphite on the case neck. ;)

I think I get it.... lube the inside of the neck while sizing,which I've never done, and just seat the ---- bullet....
Yes, the residual graphite, even after charging, is sufficient for good bullet seating and stops the cold weld issue.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.