Neck Lube Experience

How am I escaping the cold weld problem? I've pulled 10yr old loads and even 70-80s military surplus and nothing has been welded. I don't disbelieve you or others when I ask this. I just wonder if a certain process, or brass cleaning is more prevalent to cause the issue.
Old wives tale. Cold weld takes 10s of thousands psi of pressure. What somepeople see is a chemical reaction that makes pulling the bullet harder after a certain amount of time. I have never seen it affect accuracy myself.

Old wives tale. Cold weld takes 10s of thousands psi of pressure. What somepeople see is a chemical reaction that makes pulling the bullet harder after a certain amount of time. I have never seen it affect accuracy myself.
Had a guy here tell me he experienced it with wet cleaning brass. The brass even changed color he said. Maybe this has something to do with it.

How am I escaping the cold weld problem? I've pulled 10yr old loads and even 70-80s military surplus and nothing has been welded. I don't disbelieve you or others when I ask this. I just wonder if a certain process, or brass cleaning is more prevalent to cause the issue.
🤷‍♂️

I can't definitively say that they were cold welding, but I usually go ahead and shoot what I loaded by the end of season and I have seen ES/SD variances that weren't there when they were first loaded.

I use moly powder. I take my fired brass, dip the necks in moly, apply case lube, FL size, then mandrel expand the necks using the moly as a dry lube for the mandrel and letting the mandrel evenly distribute the moly in the necks. I'm not worried about seating force or anything like that. I just want to avoid "cold welding" in ammo that's loaded for a couple months or so. I'd like to be able to load a batch of ammo and pick away at it for varminting or practice and not have to load every time I go out. I find seating bullets feels very smooth and consistent and my CBTO numbers are all +-0.001, the same as before using moly. It hasn't shown me any negatives so I'll continue using it. It kills two birds with one stone for me.

What do y'all use lubricating the inside of the neck or the mandrel for mandrel neck tension?
john k some use it to prevent cold weld.
Cold weld is a condition where the bullet welds itself to the case and will not move.
I had a friend tell me an older friend of his gave him some 300 H&H mag ammo that he could not pull the bullet out.The bullet was corroded and the lead tips turned colors and he wanted to replace the bullets and my friend could not pull the bullets with an inertial bullet puller.That is cold weld.That was in the late 70's or early 80's so the ammo was pretty old.

I've been experimenting with different neck lube for seating depth/CBTO consistency in annealed brass. Graphite and case lube. Not impressed and don't see any benefit on the target. In fact I found disaster with groups using graphite. I find myself having to play with the seating stem too much too. I was getting .005" seating depth variance. Last night I went clean and dry necks. After mandrel expanding the necks, I brushed out the necks with caliber size bore brush, swabbed out with alcohol, and cleaned the bullets with alcohol. The seating depth variance dropped to .002". (.001 above or below target depth, and on par with my shoulder bump variance)

I have never experienced cold weld. I shoot my ammo soon enough I don't think it has time to take hold.
Polish off the annealing residue and your seating depth variations will greatly clean up

I just got over the trauma of finding out about runout…and now I find out about cold welding! By spring I'll be afraid to shoot anything because it's going to blow my head off.
I went through the runout nightmare 2000-2003. Did a blind test of batches from .001 to .009. A .009 runout batch shot the best. Sold the runout gauge in 03 and and haven't worried about it since. Cold welding is a new one for me lately. If something is gonna be a problem it will be one for me. So far, cold weld is in the Xfiles folder...