Near coyote attack in our front yard

silvertip-co

Wife got this lil pocket dog , a white TacoBell pooch. Cost almost as much as my last rifle. Anyway, last night about 10pm she goes out front with the lil pooch to let it relieve itself. Comes in a few mins later breathless and paralyzed with fear. After a minute or two when she can talk she told me theres a coyote in the front yard and he growled loud and moved toward me. I dont think in 22 yrs I have ever seen her so full of fear.

We have had coyotes in the front yard often, almost daily or nightly, as they poop right next to my front stoop 5' from the front door( some kind of coyote challege? ). I took my 45auto and a flashlight and went out but the yote was gone. I guess today I'll be moving the rear porchlight to the end of the house and zeroing for my Marlin 22LR. I may get another hide for the wall(havent got the first one back from the dang taximan yet!).

I just love life in the suburban wilderness.

We have the same issue here!! See them more in my neighborhood than I do at the ranch!! One got my neighbor's cat a couple of weeks ago.... They have moved in and I doubt will be leaving unless killed!

Familiarity breeds contempt . . .

We don't have any (many?) coyotes in my neighborhood, but the red foxes got so bad a year or so ago that the dogs never quit barking at "something" all night and the front yard looked like I had a herd fo poodle-dogs digging trenches after the moles.

I would turn on the light outside, and the dog in the fence would be barking at a fox ten feet away who paid him no mind whatsoever. I finally ran out of patience and shot 7 foxes in 5 weeks from my kitchen window with the suppressed .22 before things quieted back down.

We have lot's of coyotes and owl's and the owl's are the worst
about taking small dogs under 6 or 7 lbs.

so when you walk them keep them on a leash so you can retrieve
them fast.

The yotes will get the unattended ones but you can be within a
few feet and the owl's will take them befor you can react.

I have to carry a tennis racquet with me when I walk my Yorkshire
Terrier at night. (You can mess up an owl's day if you have to).

Take care of the little critters
J E CUSTOM

I live in the bush in Australia and I sit on my veranda at night with a red spotlight and a rel light filter on my scope and shott foxes from the comfort of a chair, as for wild cats I just put out an attractive bait (fresh shot rabbit) and do the same thing.
Remington 223 really blows them away

I live in the bush in Australia and I sit on my veranda at night with a red spotlight and a rel light filter on my scope and shott foxes from the comfort of a chair, as for wild cats I just put out an attractive bait (fresh shot rabbit) and do the same thing.
Remington 223 really blows them away

I may need to get me a red light too. Good idea. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.