N570 Powder

Yes, the best way to meter these powders is a computerized throw w weight feedback system like chargemaster.

Any attempt to meter with a manual throw is doomed and you have to weigh and trickle every charge anyway.

Yes, the best way to meter these powders is a computerized throw w weight feedback system like chargemaster.

Any attempt to meter with a manual throw is doomed and you have to weigh and trickle every charge anyway.
Really? I throw 570 then trickle with my fingers- works great. I gave up on RCBS scales a long time ago - they don't stay calibrated and worse, take a few seconds to "settle out." My Chargemaster sits in a box - an A&D with a manual powder measure is super fast.

Really? I throw 570 then trickle with my fingers- works great. I gave up on RCBS scales a long time ago - they don't stay calibrated and worse, take a few seconds to "settle out." My Chargemaster sits in a box - an A&D with a manual powder measure is super fast.
I do the same thing with RL33, trickle by pinch out of a bowl and drop in the scale pan. My really old Redding 3BR measure gets me within a half dozen or so kernels and it goes quick......

And even that can be problematic at times. I usually have to re throw the charge about 3 times when I am using stick powders.

I would think it would be a great powder for big bore Cheytacs w heavy bullets.
I've been searching all over to try it. If it's not viable in the Cheytacs I have it will work with a .338-378 and 300 grain bullet. Has to be better than the US869 I'm forced to use now. I have a 30" heavy barrel on it and I'm getting Lapua speeds at weatherby prices.

I'll set the auto at .3gr less than charge the trickle the rest. Saves time than trying to trickle 90+ gr. I use my 550 as a single stage on certain powder and cartridge use.

For those that do quite a bit of reloading and testing how do you feel that the 570 would be as a replacement for IMR 8133 - what would be the noticeable differences if a person tried the same number of grains. (28 Nosler loads)

For those that do quite a bit of reloading and testing how do you feel that the 570 would be as a replacement for IMR 8133 - what would be the noticeable differences if a person tried the same number of grains. (28 Nosler loads)
I would say N568 would be a closer replica to IMR 8133 because they have identical burn rates of 0.30.

N570 is slower at 0.27

You can probably get more velocity out of N570 because it is slower though.

N568 may be like IMR 8133 more temp stable though than N570.

Id run your load, barrel length and bullet through QL to compare.

I would not just assume you can start w equal grains of N570 to 8133. 2 very different powders.
N570 is double base.

I would say N568 would be a closer replica to IMR 8133 because they have identical burn rates of 0.30.

N570 is slower at 0.27

You can probably get more velocity out of N570 because it is slower though.

N568 may be like IMR 8133 more temp stable though than N570.

Id run your load, barrel length and bullet through QL to compare.

I would not just assume you can start w equal grains of N570 to 8133. 2 very different powders.
N570 is double base.
Thanks I'll look into the N568. I'm having trouble finding the IMR 8133.

I use N570 in one of my 300 RUMs. The other two use Retumbo and 8133. Honestly, they are about equal. I use 8133 in one of my Lapuas and Retumbo in the other one. My 2 28Ns both use RE33, which is THE powder for that cartridge IMO, but I wouldnt hesitate to try N570 either. Only complaint about N570 is the giant kernel size - one kernel weighs .06 grains IIRC

Recent Posts